Episode 3 - Lemons.

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by KingR76, Oct 13, 2012.

1. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Certainly a LOT different from what we saw on the night. The first reveal of Jesus got an almighty applaud and laugh. :-)

2. PixelPrime

PixelPrime Third Technician

Perhaps I'm the only one, but the biggest laugh I had tonight was the 'preview gag' of the next episode (#4) where Kryten is drying the cutlery using his... *ahem*... rear-ended heat vent. Big laughs in the living room for that :-D

3. mccollough

mccollough First Technician

The final gags were brilliant. Didn't see the wrong jesus thing coming, and then The Judas bit... Well, I very much enjoyed that. Best pay off of the series so far I thought.

Over all this episode gets a 9/10 and is my 3 favourite episode EVER, after Marooned and White Hole.

4. pad_ehh

pad_ehh Catering Officer

Now I've seen the whole show, my opinion hasn't changed, for me, this episode was pure rubbish and quite possibly the worst episode of Red Dwarf ever.

On a plus note, the set in India looked fantastic, but apart from that, the acting, the story, the set-up, the writing, the jokes, almost everything about this episode had me in despair. After last weeks episode showing some improvement over the so so opener, I had high hopes for this considering the reputation it already had. My, how disappointed I am.

I will still be watching the rest of the series, but for me this was truly awful. I actually feel let down by it. What a shame this new series is turning out to be only a slightly less damp squib than BTE. :-(

5. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

I enjoyed it. It was a weird episode but I enjoyed it!

6. dazsin

dazsin First Technician

3 episodes in...and 3 fantastic episodes! Series 10 = absolute triumph.

Just like the old days, everybody at work the next day quoting Red Dwarf lines! All I heard last week was "you've got to think ahead!!"

7. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

I enjoyed it. It was a weird episode but I enjoyed it!

8. SleepySoul

SleepySoul Third Technician

Brilliant. The only shame is that they cut so much.

9. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Haha, A very cleaver way of over coming any potential offence being caused at the end there. A good move by Doug methinks :-)

Gotta' love this line though;

"I mean it's almost as if god made up these ten commandments to keep primitive people in check!" ~ Jesus (no.1)

I'm rather chuffed that I managed to second guess that "Jesus" may not be the Jesus. :-)

10. james3325

james3325 Second Technician

that was a good episode :-D

11. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

Really enjoyed that, would say it's my favourite of the series so far. I'd give it 8/10.

What I think elevates this above anything in Series 8, too, is that a lot of the dialogue is more character-driven rather than trying to get a joke in every 5 seconds. I felt like Doug reacted to some fans not liking the 'drama' of series 7 by going too far the other way in series 8 to try and please; I think the balance is just right here.

Great episode!

12. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

I couldn't help but smile when I first read this the other day.

13. Cruel Slayer

Cruel Slayer Console Officer

My guess was completely wrong! Also, I found the second half of this episode much better, in fact brilliant! Is it the first time they've used the familiar connecting music from the first two series, or is that just me not having noticed it? Almost classic dwarf for me.

14. mccollough

mccollough First Technician

Incredible how different Opinions can be, I for one thought last week episode was the weakest of the three so far. Whereas tonights was my favourite... I find it great that the fanbase of Red Dwarf is so diverse, even though I'm sad to hear you aren't enjoying series X. Hopefully future episodes will win you over in the superb way 1-3 have done me (Two wasn't as good, but still not the worst episode of RD I've ever seen.)

15. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

i'm not sure what i thought of it, i mean it wasn't a bad episode it was just... different

16. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I didn't think all that much of it really. Hopefully it'll grow on me.

17. jez999

jez999 Third Technician

For some reason, I didn't really enjoy this episode as much as the first two. I think they put the funniest gag of the show into the preview. :-) 5/10 maybe.

18. pad_ehh

pad_ehh Catering Officer

Ah, now for some real quality, Series 5 is now on on Dave. This is how it's done. Series 10 is such a disappointment in comparison, despite the evolution of the show and certain things to be expected, the changes for the new series are just toe curlingly embarassing and mind numbingly awful.

19. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

I completely agree.

The very opening bit, the Shepperton gag graphic, and they didn't use our first reaction when Jesus was revealed.

20. SleepySoul

SleepySoul Third Technician

I'm sure you just watch red dwarf to complain. You have just revealed yourself as a sockpuppet. Now, who are you?