Episode 4 - Entangled

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by dodgebizkit, Oct 24, 2012.

1. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

The acting in the teasers of this episode looks amazing and looks to be the funniest new episode yet -what are your thoughts?

2. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

This looks like it's by far better then the episodes we've already seen, infact I've been looking forward to it for quite a while now.....it looks great. Having said that the episode is called "Entangled"

3. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

Yeah it won't let me edit - Perhaps Seb could fix it when he gets a moment? :-)

This episode seems to have the majority of the funniest teasers in it, as well as the maddest story from what we know, so I'm excited, wish I could go into stasis for 27 hours so I could watch it now!

4. Slainmonkey

I think this and The Beginning are going to be the 2 most stand out episode this series.....at least that's what I predict. Entangled looks like a real winner that's for sure.

5. Whisper

Whisper First Technician

Haven't seen the trailers so am trying not to get hyped about it too much.

I'm trying to watch the new episodes without trying to analyse as I go along. Sit back and enjoy the good parts :-)

6. Slainmonkey

They didn't spoil too much really.

7. Yule Sleigher

Yule Sleigher Console Officer

I'm fairly sure there was a rule about no episode threads until it the episode begins. Perhaps I miss-remembered. From what I can tell, people are saying the trailers for this episode look the funniest. I'm still hopful for a standout episode to come out of this series. All the previous episodes have had flaws that I could easily overlook. Just one episode that makes me feel the way "Marooned" or "Queeg" makes me feel, would be excellent.

8. Slainmonkey

I thought the rule was to be not do it has far away from the episode as was the case with Lemons (over half a week before it aired), all the other topics were done about this far from the episode airing and didn't seem to be an issue. This episode is looking like ti could be a stand out.......this and The Beginning, it seems like this series is going to be strongest in it's second half.

9. Yule Sleigher

That's good to hear. I've enjoyed all the episodes so far, and each has had its highlights but also its low points. Just one episode where the former vastly outweighs the latter would be great.

10. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

But weren't earlier comments suggesting Trojan was the weakest? & it would get better? People seem to be desperate for this to improve with each episode seen as not the best with better to come!!

11. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

While you just seem desperate for it to be terrible. ":roll:"

12. simulant37

Err, no I don't. :?

13. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Now, see if true then I would personally agree that so far Trojan is the weakest of the three, although only by a small margin. I know you will strongly disagree with that, but that's okay. I guess it just shows how diverse the tastes of us Dwarfer's are. The proof is in the pudding...pudding. 8)

14. Yule Sleigher

Love the :roll: in quotes! :lol: Simmy's got a point though. I've noticed the same thing. But, since nothing serious rests on it, I think a little hope for future episodes isn't unreasonable.

15. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

To be fair, I was the one (who not personally) got a rollocking for posting my Lemons thread on the Saturday, as I had explained in my original post and to Seb I kind of got a bit too excited when I saw the picture of the Boys wearing their scrubs- I couldn't help but crack up seeing the picture knowing whom it was they were operating on and just wanted to post the new thread- looking back on it I should have waited a few days but my rather blatant enthusiasm got in the way of that.

16. Ally1990

Ally1990 First Technician

I'm looking forward to Entangled. I've enjoyed the series so far and I think it's been largely strong and solid. Although, like every series of Dwarf, it has had its low points. I haven't read any plot points or spoilers for Entangled except what's in the TV guides, and that sounds interesting.

Here's what one said:

"This new series hasn't always hit the mark, but it's aim - to recapture the show's merry character-based banter - has produced some very funny moments. It's working well this week, as Rimmer annoys Lister with his SPOILER, and Lister SPOILER him in a SPOILER. These two events may not be unrelated".

It gave it 4 out of 5 stars, only the second episode this series to get that rating (the other being Trojan).

(yes, I am aware the last line I filled with the word 'spoiler' does sound a tad dodgy; it isn't).

17. Smegged

Smegged First Technician

Really looking forward to this one. The teases/scenes that have been shown on Dave/YouTube are a riot.

I've done curry and I've done fried egg sandwiches with chili sauce and chutney...what to eat tomorrow in honour of the new episode?

18. simulant37

Shame on you!!! :x

19. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

I know, as punishment I won't watch tomorrow. :-(

20. james3325

james3325 Second Technician

looking forward to this weeks episode hopefully it will be a big improvement on lemons