Episode 4 - Entangled

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by dodgebizkit, Oct 24, 2012.

1. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

I must be one of the only people who hasn't found any of the trailers for this ep funny. I'm not worried about it in the slightest, just a bit bemused that some people think the funniest clips so far were from it. Looking forward to it"

2. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

Triple fried egg, chili sauce, cheese and bacon sandwich:-D

3. dodgebizkit

Triple fried egg, chili sauce, cheese and bacon sandwich:-D

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Is there a race each week to be the one to create the next episode discussion thread?

Anyway, not really sure what to expect from this episode, but it looks as though it could be a good one. I just hope they don't overdo the 'Cat and Kryten in unison' thing. I can see that becoming irritating quickly.

5. Whisper

Whisper First Technician

Yeah that's the way it should be I think.

This time tomorrow this thread will be flooded with comments :-)

6. dodgebizkit

Why would there be a race? Don't you think that the day before the episode airs people might want to talk about it? What is the natural thing to do if there it's no thread but someone wants to talk about it? Some people get some weird ideas in their heads.

7. MacabreMagpie

Well someone did try and create this thread once already right after last weeks episode which, I presume, got deleted.

8. MacabreMagpie

I don't know, the Lemons one gave away arguably the most popular joke of the episode.

9. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

There was a popular joke in that episode? :roll:

10. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

yeah i think it was simulant is as sour as a lemon :roll:, classic :roll:

11. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I'm not sure what I would have made of that joke. After avoiding the preview, I had the joke ruined for me by someone posting it in the episode 2 thread. Thanks to whoever that was.

12. MacabreMagpie

It's more a joke that would have made me laugh for not seeing it coming than actually being funny in itself. Which is just as valid a joke as any other, before simmy comes in with his rolleyes smiley.

13. Smegged

Smegged First Technician

I may just have to go with that again. Although I'm craving papadums...maybe I'll mix and match.

*gasp* What if I substitute the bread with papadums...ooohhh...

14. dodgebizkit

That would be messy lol but try it if you think it will be good :-) but man, replacing chutney with cheese (and bacon!) is soooooo good

15. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Not really classic, pathetic really. & how would that fit into the episode? Would be breaking the 4th wall & would be meaningless to 99% of viewers. . .:x

16. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I wish I could feel as excited as some of you about tonight's episode, but no matter how much I loved Fathers and Suns, I still can't help remembering how underwhelmed I've been by the other two episodes.

17. Whisper

Whisper First Technician

Have little expectation and hopefully you may recieve some pleasant suprises :-D

18. acerimmer_165

acerimmer_165 Supply Officer

Well the forum spoiler policy is pretty obvious especially as it pops up before you post something, and states that you cannot discuss unbroadcast episodes in any thread but the RDX spoilers thread. Unless you have difficulty reading, in which case I apologise.

19. Rageofangels

Rageofangels First Technician

the worst thing about Father And Suns (to me) was that by far the best joke was put out on the trailers beforehand. So although the episode was good, it just didn't live up to the "what's that noise" joke between Rimmer and Lister. That's the only reason I'm worried about Entangled, as all the stuff I've seen so far has been either funny or hilarious. If it is indeed the best stuff of the episode then it'll probably be just a good episode. If however the best is yet to come, then it may be my favourite so far.

All this is guesswork, so I'm looking forward to RDX coming back from the brink!
    T - 8/10
    F - 7/10
    L - 4/10
    E - ?/10 it'll be better than lemons anyway! We're on our way out of the valley!

RAGE

20. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

I have to say......I don't get why people hate Lemons so much since it's been the episode that's felt most like Red Dwarf so far, frankly I've kinda found Trojan to be overrated. Either way I'm pumped about Entangled because it's looks like it's going to be the best so far, the plot and the clips seem like it could have fit in the show's glory days.....the first I've had high expectations for. If feel like so far each episode has been better then the last, I hope for that trend to continue.