Episode 4 - Entangled

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by dodgebizkit, Oct 24, 2012.

1. ben996

ben996 First Technician

Story-Wise it was the best of the series so far,
    Humour-Wise it was joint with Trojan,

Overall a decent episode 3/5 or 6/10. Had a good story and the entangled thing wasn't overdone, the Belg's thing felt too much like Polymorph 2 especially when talking to them with Kyrten translating, and the ending with her dying like that and finding another human being in the universe didn't cut the mustard for me, also finding a woman in stasis was too much like Quarantine, can't Doug write anything original?? But it was a solid episode that was okay, nothing great but not as bad as previous two, hopefully will get better with more views but I can't help but be annoyed at how practically everything that's been done in this series has been done before

2. codename_47

codename_47 First Technician

Well that wasn't my favourite ep so far.

In fact that ep might not make my all time top ten, I don't know why Series x isn't geat quality but I'm not happy that it continuously isn't funny week after week.

#seewhatididthere

Questions: Was Lister Bringing Starbug back at the end? Why would he use the Airlock for that?

Is Blue Midgets new official designation Starbug 1?

3. CaptainHallam

CaptainHallam Second Technician

very good episode - hated the scientist bit, but very well written first 15 mins - nostalgic and kept going without silly dialogue. fun episode and totally rewatchable. 7/10

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

For me, it felt the most 'classic era' of all the series X episodes so far.

And I just have to mention that ending with the professor falling into the airlock and ejecting herself into space. A wonderful and hilarious moment. And a good last line from Lister too.

This episode has made me laugh more than any so far.

5. Ianjk78

Ianjk78 Second Technician

I think what people have said sum's it up, it's more like the classic Red Dwarf.
    This feels like a proper Red Dwarf episode that could fit in the first 6 series.

6. Robert26

Robert26 Second Technician

I liked it a lot. It obviously borrowed a lot of concepts from previous episodes but it felt quite clever. I love how "retro" this series is. From the music cues to the ship shots and the recycling of past concepts, everything is done to make you feel a little nostalgic. I think this could have easily been part of Series IV. I predict people who liked Lemons won't like this. I am the opposite.

7. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

yeah but he was dead anyway, or had been up til that point, and he's "not "dead" dead in that he's still here" ;-)

8. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

Same. Cats CV line and the "Sexy light man" lines got huge laughs from me and the mrs. Also Cat has been on fire this series and I really thought this was the most "Rimmer" That Rimmer has been since series 6

9. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

It definitely makes my all-time top ten.

10. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

the endin was abit of a cop out, she happens to trip and fall in and press a buttom to shoot herself into space, i know you needed an endin doug but come on lol

11. Boz01

Boz01 Second Technician

I enjoyed it. Although my one niggle would be that Rimmer technically shouldn't have been able to walk through the door as his light bee is still solid.

12. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Well, it did go along with the whole 'accidents' sub-plot, which made it especially hilarious.

13. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

also can someome explain to me how the garbage people died....I didn't get that part.

14. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Yet another enjoyable episode. I'm absolutely loving the way this series is paced so far. I know many see this differently but I'm very much reminded of my initial enjoyment of series 3. Yet this series also has a feel of it's own, and that feeling is good. :-)

I found the story entertaining and lots of great lines too. Nice to see Lister offering the Doctor his jacket, I'm glad that aspect of his character is still seen. As has been said it's just a shame so much of this ep was used in the initial trailers, but that still didn't hinder my enjoyment of it.

Interesting new GELF-esq thingies too - "BEGG" = Biologically Engineered Garbage Gobblers. :-)

15. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

That confused me too.

16. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

It looked like he was recovering the health and safety reports that were thrown out of the airlock. Hence why he handed them to Rimmer after she tripped over the box containing them.

17. RobeH56

RobeH56 Third Technician

Too many good jokes and clever ideas to dismiss as a bad/mediocre episode. This one nailed it for me.

So that's two good episodes - Trojan and Entangled - and two dodgy ones so far. Worryingly, the trailer for next week's episode featured lots of those hilarious talking vending machines...

18. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

think cat and kryten said something and it made it happen, coinsidence

19. CaptainHallam

CaptainHallam Second Technician

was the actor of the BEGS leader also the GELF bride?

20. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

Because he only exists to keep Lister sane.