Episode 4 - Entangled

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by dodgebizkit, Oct 24, 2012.

1. jez999

jez999 Third Technician

I liked this ep, particularly the slapstick kebab chilli sauce falling on the console and Lister putting the fire out with beer and more kebab pieces. :-D Also the "they do have an IQ of 2!" bit.

One bit I totally lost the plot though was when Lister cut off Cat's hair and they turned the TV on for Kryten. They were trying to get them emotional... why again? That bit passed me by. :?

2. ben996

ben996 First Technician

There were some good gags but this series I feel that Doug can't write "witty one liners" anymore,

For example, when Rimmer says "You gambled me away in a poker game, what am I a guy who gets gambled away" or something, if that was 1-6 he would have said something funnier such as "What am I an engagement ring" or something like that,

Also when Lister says "My love spuds will be blasted into deep space", why not "My love spuds would be blasted so far into deep space the martians on mars would be able to see them" or something similar.

Overall the humour has been good, but not many "classic lines" and smart witty retorts, a lot of the humour comes from silly things and slapstick, (although the Kryten spoon thing was one of the worst things in the history of RD)

3. beansy1982

beansy1982 Third Technician

I agree the return of the talking vending machines looks awful! Hope iam wrong

4. supercat

supercat Console Officer

I liked the fact that the ending was set up earlier in the episode, with Rimmer leaving the box there and the whole accident report form thing. It was more the lack of reaction that from the two of them that was weird.

Still, best ep of the series so far (I may be bias what with being at the recording!)

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Yes, as I mentioned earlier it's Stephen Wickham.

6. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

I'm surprised at the reaction to the ending - it tied in perfectly with the episode-long joke about health and safety. And it was the health and safety forms that Rimmer was fussing about for the whole 29 minutes that caused her to fall out, hence the irony... which ties into how they figured out how to save Lister, via her name. It all makes sense!

7. CaptainHallam

CaptainHallam Second Technician

Thanks for clearing that up!:eek:

8. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

That was totally different though. And runner wasn't dead dead because he was still there, to quote lister.
    To bring in a new human and then kill them and the characters to not give a damn was ridiculous.

9. CaptainHallam

Thanks for clearing that up!:-)

10. CaptainHallam

I'm also not sure how/what made them die? coincidence or Kryten and Cat wanting them to choke?

11. Ianjk78

Ianjk78 Second Technician

Looking at next weeks trailer I hope I'm wrong but it could go from the best
    this week to the worst episode of the series next week, I hope I'm proven
    wrong.

12. Rageofangels

Rageofangels First Technician

I'm going to watch it again later to see if it's as good as my first watch, but the jokes were all written well and laugh out loud funny. Really glad this episode was tonight as Lemons was not very good, and by the looks of the trailer next weeks isn't going to be much better. But that's all supposition, for next weeks could be good, well just have to wait and see!!

Best line...
    "We're all deeply sorry, apart from me and him and him."

But there were lots of great lines!

RAGE

13. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

What about rimmers light bee?

I think this was the episode that delivered the best lines and the best performances, beat "but you were an utter twat" with a few well placed lines

14. james3325

james3325 Second Technician

i think it was to do with the coincidence they died because lister said they would choke and they all choked together but dont know for sure

15. RobeH56

RobeH56 Third Technician

I guess we can only judge from our gut reactions. I laughed out loud at least four times during Entangled, which is roughly six times more than the whole of Series VIII. The bit where Kryten said 'no' after that long explanation really did make me grin.

16. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

People keep posting the same message multiple times.

If you get the 500 server error message, you don't have to post your message again. It will have already been posted.

17. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Better than Lemons, but still pretty dull.
    Lots of overacting by the cast.
    Flat gags & the coincidence thing was to much like the luck virus.
    In fact the whole thing felt over familiar, just recycled ideas.
    Rubbish ending to!
    :roll:

18. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

i may have missed a few things, like why was she always wrong? did something happen to her? why did that go from her bein wrong to irony?

Some of this went over my head

19. ben996

ben996 First Technician

Not being negative but that was very similar to the "Sir they've taken Mr Rimmer", "Quick let's get out of here before he brings him back" among other lines said by the Cat to Rimmer,

Was a decent line though, my favourite was probably "It does have an IQ of 2 though" classic line there

20. Boz01

Boz01 Second Technician

So how DID Rimmer 's light bee go through the door?