Episode 4 - Entangled

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by dodgebizkit, Oct 24, 2012.

1. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Because Cat and Kryten were experiencing coincidences from those crystal things. They both mentioned choking, simultaneously though coincidence, so the garbage people started to choke through coincidence.

[edit]
    Or maybe someone else said it. Either way, that's what happened!

Check me talking about Red Dwarf in a Red dwarf conference! :-p

2. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

He was seen walking through objects in earlier series... one way around it would be to say that the light bee projects his soft-light image into the distance but then it wouldn't be able to follow him through to change to hard light.

One criticism, I don't think they're handling the Kochanski thing very well. Only a few lines from Lister over a few episodes that seem to stand out (and no reference as to where she is... I know, obviously, but they haven't explained that within the series) and precisely zero of the other crew members seem to give a toss. Much like the audience, I presume, but still..

3. Ally1990

Ally1990 First Technician

Nowhere near the best of the series. Still Trojan for me, and I think Fathers is better.

Weren't a great deal of jokes and nothing raised more than a smile. It'll need a rewatch, definitely.

All-in-all, average at best. 6 or 7 out of 10.

4. RobeH56

RobeH56 Third Technician

Totally disagree about the overacting. I thought one of the good things about it was the lack of the 'pantomime-y' feel of previous episodes. Nothing made me wince.

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I think the main thing I'll take from series X is that Doug is still a great comedy writer. I'm still grinning 20 minutes after the episode ended.

6. beansy1982

beansy1982 Third Technician

Is it me or is rimmer not great? Watch series two back and Chris Barrie was great! I think kryten gets better and better but I feel like rimmer has lost his way a bit, where are the cutting remarks for lister to feed off!
    All round though I like the return of dwarf just with such a big gap we are all naturally making comparisons.

7. ben996

ben996 First Technician

You didn't laugh once during the entire of Series 8, there was so many classic lines,

"In seconds you'll be harder than a quadratic equation"
    "Except Rimmer... Who'll be dead in 20 minutes"
    "I hope we don't get stopped by the cops, they don't like it when your rat-assed"

Just to name a few

8. Robert26

Robert26 Second Technician

I liked it but I don't mind rehashes. Most of the later Sherlock Holmes stories were rehashes of previous plots.

9. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Yep, the whole light bee thing was mucked up again. Lack of attention to detail yet again by Doug. Just lazy writting. . .:roll:

10. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

The episode was so densely packed with incidents that there are still loads of things I'm unsure about too. The best thing is just to watch it again.

11. Ianjk78

Ianjk78 Second Technician

No I think this more like the old Rimmer I've seen since
    Series VI.

12. ben996

ben996 First Technician

He is a good comedy writer and makes good episodes, but when working with another writer (Looking at you Rob) he makes brilliant episodes,

13. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

to be honest it did seem doug had one eye open on series 1 in this episode, with rimmer walking through walls and no lightbee

14. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

When I press back on my phone instead it still posts twice, its not intentional.

15. Robert26

Robert26 Second Technician

She went to that training place where they studied how to do everything wrong. She was always wrong but of course she was bound to get something right on day. The crew would never have known this unless the coincidence stuff made Irene's name a clue that she was going to get something right. By complete coincidence Irene's name gave a clue to her actions. It is kind of like coincidence vs fate. If the crew had worked on the assumption Irene would always get stuff wrong then Lister would have died. But coincidence saved them. Very Douglas Adams. Quite clever.

16. mccollough

mccollough First Technician

The Light be thing is a none issue. Since when has rimmer had any problem walking through through things in soft light form before??? All it takes is a makeituppymajiger in his light bee that allows it to pass through solid objects!

17. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

Um, we'll, um... I want to like it, and it seemed like it was as close to old dwarf as it can get.

I laughed a bit but not much. Lister was brilliant again and so was cat. I'd still give it a very decent 7/10. I dunno, I need a re watch.

18. RobeH56

RobeH56 Third Technician

Series VIII just wasn't funny. At all. That 'rat-assed' line was dreadful. Whatever the gripes with Series X - and there are a few - it is streets ahead.

19. magnetiser

magnetiser Third Technician

Sadly, I have to agree. Must watch this one again - it just didn't grip me. I like the nostalgic references, but felt as though it was a poor parody of previous episodes.

20. codename_47

codename_47 First Technician

Interesting review from SFX

Your text to link here...

Ignore the glaring error in the first sentence and read the behind the scenes stuff, apparently Professor E wasn't even intended to be in the episode at all....