Episode Guide and Bunkroom Pic

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Andrew, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Awesomeness abounds! Dave have posted the plot synopses for the back to Earth episodes - plus a new picture showing the guys in the bunkroom:

[​IMG]

Thoughts? Feelings?

2. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

sounds like some 4th wall breaking and league of gentleman film style stuff

3. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Brilliant picture. The bunk beds appear rather series 3-ish. The large version of the pic is here. Have a look at the top bunk towards the left. The poster with the purple background looks strangely familiar to me. Can anyone enlighten me? Also the photo of Lister's grandma from series one is on the back wall and what look like pictures of Annett's Kochanski.

4. admuz

admuz Second Technician

As are pictures of Lister with Jim Bexley Speed and Lister with Jim and Bexley from Future Echoes! :-D

I don't buy the 4th wall breaking thing though. I think it's something more serious than that. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

5. SoundableObject

SoundableObject Catering Officer

Kryten steals the picture. :lol:

6. jennifergould

jennifergould Third Technician

OMG!!! So excited! :eek:

The first episode sounds like a classic dwarf in the old series style such as Polymorph. Should be a great start to the specials with parts two & three getting into the gritty Back to Earch stuff!

7. jennifergould

jennifergould Third Technician

So excited I couldn't spell "Earth"!!!:eek:ops:

8. biscuits2009

biscuits2009 Second Technician

Me too. Annoying to say the least.

I see a D-D-Don't Shoot Mugs Murphy photo too, unless my eyes are playing tricks. Nice touch.

9. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Go up from Lister's left shoulder. The picture is black and white with a blue background.

EDIT: Ahh, I thought you said you didn't see it. Never mind.

10. starbugbabe

starbugbabe Third Technician

OMG Jen & Andrew

I am just so excited!! Nice Button!! heheheheh

and yes andrew its little sharon from the fan club!

Thanks for NOT answering my txt!:-(

11. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Yes! That's what I thought when I read it. I didn't mind in The League of Gentlemen, but not so sure in Red Dwarf. It might not be quite what it appears though. They mentioned a 'dimension hopping leviathan' in the water tank. I wonder if a Back To Reality illusion scenario will happen. Could Katerina actually be the creature in disguise?

In a sense I'd rather they do the latter than REALLY break the fourth wall. That way you could have fun with the whole meta-fiction stuff but still keep their universe self-contained. Only trouble is, the false reality stuff has been done before.

I'm also not keen on back to Earth being in our time-frame, as, again, that's sort of been done before.
    Yes! That's what I thought when I read it. I didn't mind in The League of Gentlemen, but not so sure in Red Dwarf. It might not be quite what it appears though. They mentioned a 'dimension hopping leviathan' in the water tank. I wonder if a Back To Reality illusion scenario will happen. Could Katerina actually be the creature in disguise?

In a sense I'd rather they do the latter than REALLY break the fourth wall. That way you could have fun with the whole meta-fiction stuff but still keep their universe self-contained. Only trouble is, the false reality stuff has been done before.

I'm also not keen on back to Earth being in our time-frame, as, again, that's sort of been done before.

Still, we'll see.

Lovely photo of the bunk room.

12. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

I've barely answered anyone's text in months. I'm doing 14 hour days, lovely!

13. kaledboy

kaledboy Skutter

Looks like Rimmer's reading a '...for dummies' book! Loving the Kochanski pics!

This is a brilliant pic - just can't wait!!!!

14. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Yes, with what looks like a purple planet with rings around it on the cover.

15. ch

ch Catering Officer

I like the picture, no common outfits...
    (what is Bob Marley doing there? Oh no, it's Cat).

But the information about the storylines crossed the line between information/teaser and spoiler for me.

Edit: to be honest, I guess I won't be able to watch the episodes on Dave, don't know when I will, so after the broadcast the reactions will be spoilers for me anyway.

16. PaddyC84

PaddyC84 Second Technician

A console in the sleeping quarters? Was this a cost saving exercise so all RD scenes could be filmed in the same room or is there another reason why that console is there?

Haven't had time to study the pic fully, but will be interested in seeing all those pictures in the top bunk....

17. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

How do you get this from that right-up? Isn't 4th wall breaking an expression used when an actor directly addresses the television audience by speaking to camera? I didn't read anything that suggests there'll be any such thing. I hope not anyway, I'm really not keen on the technique - it's a complete bubble-breaker, in my opinion.

18. geekrock82

geekrock82 Second Technician

Anyone who isn't excited by all of this may as well not even bother watching the specials.

And Billy, while the most obvious examples of fourth-wall-breaking involve "directly speaking to camera" (see House of Cards for the greatest examples of this bar none), it's basically a term (along with various uses of the prefix "meta-") that can be used to describe any sort of onscreen (or on-page or whatever) acknowledgement that a fiction is fictional.

19. geekrock82

geekrock82 Second Technician

Hahahahaha. This = good point.

20. kezzzs

kezzzs Third Technician

I see a sore spot where holly should be in the top left :-(

Other than that it's a fantastic picture!