Episode Guide and Bunkroom Pic

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Andrew, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Whizzkid

Whizzkid Catering Officer

I'm glad the great old Dwarfer's bunkroom stays the same. Only it's been modernised with a retro feel that makes the grey panelling of the first two series lighter and more robust. With the table with the dome in the centre it looks like someone's combined the series 3 - 5 set with the previous two and conjured up something better all in one go.:-)

2. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I don't think it's actually the same bunk-room. The design is all different (apart from the colouring and the bunks. Ok it's not ALL different....) My theory is they moved again, probably to a room containing a redundant terminal utilised by navigation or engineering personnel to control the ship should the main control systems (i.e. Holly) go down.

3. ch

ch Catering Officer

It looks new, but familiar. I like it.

4. dazsin

dazsin First Technician

Oh my god somebody PLEASE put me in stasis until April 10th..!! This is torture!!!!

5. tortexturtle

tortexturtle First Technician

I love this explanation. Before this explanation that smegging console had really got my feckles up :-P

Now it all makes sense! Thank you MDN T1 for restoring my sanity!

6. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

To be honest, the reason I never had a problem with it is, it was established that Red Dwarf was rebuilt to it's pre-final specifications and as such contained features that did not exist before cost-cutting revisions?

So to me, this may just be what the Series III-V quarters might have looked like prior to said revisions. :P

Of course it does not matter that much, sets on Red Dwarf don't say the same, as long as they look pretty and stuff it's all good.

7. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Mmm, that's a point. We do see the quarters briefly in series 8, and it did look different, but I can't remember if we saw the entire room. The window was smaller though, so I'm still going with the changed room theory.

You're right, it doesn't really matter though. ;-)

8. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

We've had the change before The Officers Quarters. The Series IV bunks. This to me is the crew quarters, but with alterations. As if everything they could salvage was moved into one room.

9. giga

giga Third Technician

A few points to raise. 1 Cats suit looks like Marooned. 2. The pics appear to be from prev series.3.Malfunction, Mainframe unable to reboot, lol. 4.No smoking sign.

10. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Catering Officer

I see the picture of lister holding his twin boys from the end of series 2. This is a good sign. I really hope that the first of the 3 episodes is series 2ish before they move onto the main story line, this would really please old skool fans. reference to old episodes, his twins and other stuff would be great. You cant beat series 2, it was fantastic!

I would imagine that the writers have taken note of feedback on forums such as this and give us some 'proper dwarf'

11. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Catering Officer

I like your theory. It does look series 1 & 2ish but like you say for higher ranked personel. Be nice if it was explained in the show but sadly changes are never explained. I will keep your theory whilst watching other wise it will bother me.

12. connell

connell First Technician

Yeah, and if im not mistaken theres the Jupiter Moon rising (or whatever it is) photo that Lister says "everyone takes" and his dog also. There's all those good photo backs from the originals. I'd love to meet his gran, she'd have sorted out my Year 7 Design Tech teacher!