Fast aging actors

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by mtullock, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Claire_C

Claire_C Third Technician

Firstly, I think Craig looks fine in RDX. More than fine. ;-)

Secondly, people seem to be forgetting he's playing a slob. He's not supposed to look ultra fit; that wouldn't fit the character. :-)

2. CharlieTeague

CharlieTeague First Technician

Ironically I think Kryten seems to be the one who has aged the most, what due to the obvious bags under his eyes and the amount of excess harware around the mid-section. I think Lister looks basically the same as he did in Back to Earth although I felt that his hair was darker in that, Cat's face perhaps looks the same or better but his hair makes him look a lot worse regardless of his visible age. Rimmer I think has aged pretty well and his skin is no less wrinkly or saggy than in Back to Earth, and even if it was I think it would perhaps add to his character. I think Rimmer's hair is more cleverly done in series X which kind of has the effect of putting less emphasis on his receeding forehead as he makes up for it with the size and length of his haircut, in Back to Earth it looked like it was died and jelled and it really didn't look convincing, he looks much better in series X. I think the only time in the series where their age becomes noticeable is when Kryten Rimmer and Cat are running down the corridor in Fathers and Suns, but that may just be so Bobby can catch up in his bulky costume.

3. mtullock

mtullock First Technician

ok think you have some rage issues! Obviously they are older. If you would take the time to actually read what I said, is that they seem to have looked a lot older in the couple of years between series rather than the 10 years between the previous.

now off you trot and take your happy pills!

4. whatthesmeg

whatthesmeg First Technician

I'm here , I'm there , I'm everywhere , so beware!
    Craig has had his recent problems but to be fair to him he's got back on track with his well being and that's great as we didn't want to see him Ill like he was for his sake. The others obviously have aged too ( who hasn't and haven't we all:P) but not to the same extent as Craig but we all know the reason why certain as bad things taken have repercussions on ones health. This is not just an observation but a fact although Craig does look good for his age when on form as he is now with his issue behind him thankfully. :-)

(P/S) No Need too shout and I agree we all have faults and indeed Craig is one hell of a cool smegging fella. ;-)

5. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

RECTUMfacedPYGMY Catering Officer

The other three looked fine with there age, Graig looked a bit out of shape though looked fat, and they could have done better with his hair. Lister just looked so defferent even from BTE.

6. shizuo340

shizuo340 First Technician

its funny to think that forty was the original intended age for the lister character. if they went with that he'd be about 60 by now

7. whatthesmeg

whatthesmeg First Technician

I'm here , I'm there , I'm everywhere , so beware!
    Yeah, Funny you should mention Lister's new barnet makeover. His hair has changed from the cool shaven style with Dreddlocks bunches at the back which he had for nearly the whole eight series/back to earth to a slick back in series X which I cannot get used to. I'm expecting in series XI his hair to be glam rock style with an alice band ensemble. :lol:

8. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

They were obviously limited by Craig's role in Corrie & couldn't make to drastic a change

9. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

They should have kept it the same it made Lister look older too i thought, Also Rimmers hair looked bad, i know Chris is loosing some, but that did not look like Rimmer's hair.:x:-(

10. simulant37

Well, they couldn't keep it the same, for the reason I stated above. . .:roll:

Furthermore, Lister IS "older". . .:roll:

11. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

He gets younger and younger as time goes by.

12. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

Exactly.

13. dodgebizkit

eventually they will return to one glorious whole.

14. simulant37

No he doesn't. . .:?

15. dodgebizkit

He does, I don't know why you would think otherwise :?

16. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

Yeah what you
    talking about simulant? :?

17. simulant37

How does Lister get younger & younger as time goes by?

18. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Isn't it obvious?! :roll: :roll: :roll:

19. simulant37

Obviously not or I would not have asked the question. . .would I? :roll::roll::roll::roll:

20. dodgebizkit

You really don't know?:shock: