Favourite Minor Character(s)

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by archie918, Oct 29, 2009.

1. voo7hees

voo7hees Third Technician

ackerman in series 8, he was hilarious

2. Smegged

Smegged First Technician

I'll narrow it down to a few and select my winner...

Able. I thought he was such an interesting character and he was pretty damn funny. "Well they say that, but...where's the evidence?.......have I just said that?"

Ackerman. I felt the actor who played this role really made the best of it. The bit where his glass eye was stolen and he declared himself only half-lovely gets me each time I watch it.

Kill Crazy. Yes, he's over the top, but there's something to be said for that. I think these kinds of roles work when they're kept minor(see Hollister - great in his limited roles in the first few series', not so much in VIII).

Camille(Mechanoid form) - The other forms Camille took on were not nearly as effective as Kryten's soul mate. I didn't even know they were married until just recently, but the chemistry those two shared was superb.

The Scutters - They deserve a mention, even if they really were underused after the first couple of seasons'.

The crew from the alternative universe - I would have loved to have seen more interaction between these two parties, it could have made for some hilarity.

Young Lister - I didn't know that was Craig Charles' brother, but it certainly explains the resemblance. He totally nailed a young punk teenager version of Lister, to boot.

---

Overall, I'd have to say my favourite would be Camille. I just love that episode from top to bottom, and her blob form made for one of my favorite lines ever courtesy of the Cat. "Nice?! She looks like something that dropped out of the sphynx's nose!"

3. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

Partly because he's from one of my favourite scenes, and partly because I don't think anyone's mentioned him yet, Dr Lucas Mclaren from Back in the Red makes me giggle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poMWgGC82bw

Although, Jane Horrocks as Nirvanah Crane definitely pops my top.

4. Garry2rs

Garry2rs Third Technician

Mr Flibble
    and
    Crazed starship captain (from Psirens) Thats because its Richard Ridings and I've met him several times at work.

5. RimmerDirective

RimmerDirective Skutter

I agree. Watching him nervously scribble his signature on the Space Corps documents as he inquires to what Ace is doing over lunchtime is comedy at its finest.

6. Edward

Edward Third Technician

I liked the thumb breaking guy from better than life.

Sometimes I think my Art History professor looks alot like him~

I wish he'd put that freaky big hammer away...