Favourite RED DWARF X Episode???

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Ant E, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Too soon??? Ah well.

Based on the DESCRIPTIONS what do you THINK will be your favourite episode?

2. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Well form the clips I've seen and the description the episode Entangled has gotten me most existed because the plots and clips seem like it could have been plucked right out of the show's peak. I am looking forward to that one the most, though people seem to say that The Beginning is better so who really knows?

3. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

From what I've read, episode 6 sounds pretty epic and fantastic to me. But we'll just have to wait and see.

4. mophead241

mophead241 Catering Officer

I think Entangled, or maybe Dear Dave.

5. CaptnDan

CaptnDan Third Technician

Was only at the episode 6 recording, so I guess of the Series X episodes I've seen, that'll have to be my favourite! Heh.

I really like the sound of episode 5 though. Almost like a grand adventure through time, without even leaving the bunk room. Great idea, and will hopefully be a great showcase episode for pure character driven Red Dwarf goodness. This is not just a show about curry and 'smeg'. ;-)

6. Slainmonkey

Now if I were to reverse this topic, I'll have to say that it looks to me like Trojan is going to be the weakest, which being that it's the first proper singular episode since the rather poor Only the Good......it's to be expect that it be a little rough around the edges.

7. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Correct. It is too soon!! :?

8. Slainmonkey

I do believe the idea is to speculate going on what we have seen and heard.

9. omnomnominous

omnomnominous Third Technician

I'm very intrigued about Lemons from what I've read in the set report. Looking forward to finding out what was meant by the episode having a potentially controversial element - even though I'm rarely offended by anything it'll definitely be interesting.

10. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

Lemons and the beginning sound good. people are saying entangled sounds like a classic episode but 2 vending machines falling in love with listen sounds silly to me. And more like only the goo than any classic dwarf.

11. Slainmonkey

The vending machines love triangle is Dear Dave, not Entangled.

12. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

Based on the descriptions alone, I think Entangled sounds the most interesting, although The Beginning sounds like its gonna be a classic and quite, quite epic.

13. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

oops. obviously my brain got entangled.

14. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

What makes you think they both fall in love with Lister? That's not really how love triangles work. More likely that one vending machine is in love with the other one but the other one has a crush on Lister.

15. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

only 2 episodes i'm unsure about is 'lemons' because the historical figure that's being used could make or break this episode and 'dear dave' because dougs solo written bunkroom scenes have never been all that great

but the other 4 episode sounds great

16. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

good point. But even one vending machine falling inlove with a human sounds daft to me.

17. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

As I understand it from what Doug has said about it the episode focuses very much on the theme of loneliness and the idea that after all of this time even the vending machines are lonely. It's not a huge stretch to go from the idea of an unfulfilled sentient toaster to a lonely sentient vending machine.

I think it calls back to the early series in two important ways. Firstly the spirit of loneliness and boredom that fueled those series plots and secondly the idea glimpsed in the episodes that feature the scutters that the AI on the ship all have a fondness for Lister because he treats them nicely and with respect as opposed to Rimmer, Cat and, probably, Kryten.

Now if it was Lister falling in love with a vending machine...THAT might be a little bit weird.

18. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

I guess it's all in the way it's handled, so you could be right. I guess I will wait and see.

19. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I have mixed feelings about the Lemon episode. On one hand, I love a good time travel story, and it will be interesting seeing the Dwarfers in that time period.

On the other hand, without being too spoilerish, I hope that their dealing with a particular character won't be too insulting. I'm not saying they shouldn't joke or have fun with the idea, I just hope they tread carefully.

For one thing, there's a particular scenario involving the character and the time machine which I could imagine happening, and I really hope they don't go there...

I'm very much looking forward to episode 6!

20. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

I'm looking forward to them all pretty much equally to be honest.

I'm also rather pleased that I appear to have correctly guessed what basic part the lemons play in the episode of the same title. And all from the moment the title was merely hinted at too.

*Ah, smug mode* ;-)

I'm not gonna' claim I guessed the entire premise of the show however...obviously. Although I did have a slight inkling about another aspect of the show from quite early on too. But this was based on the set I saw at the recording I attended - which was only partially built at the time, but was very intriguing indeed.

...actually, I think if I had to choose one episode, I would go for the final ep, which sounds like it's gonna' kick much bottom. :-)