Feeding the Troll...

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by tortexturtle, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

I'm getting error messages everytime I post and Cloud's response comes before my post. Bizarre!

2. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

Yeah posting in this topic has went a bit haywire. its all over the place.

Dismembers likes this.
  3. tortexturtle

tortexturtle First Technician

You wound me, sir. You wound me... :-(

4. tortexturtle

Aw Gawd, I fear you're right JMC...what have I done?

"the agony and the irony, they're killing me"

:-P

5. RedMidget

RedMidget First Technician

Yeah it does
    I managed to restart the Norman lovvet bashing thread
    :eek:ops:

6. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

this is all very strange, and i don't just mean the gremlins that are messing with this thread. i'd allways thought that i, along with most other newbies are allways very respectfull to the oldbies(not that the amount of time people have been here should make a difference really) anyway, i could just be being paranoid, but i hope i haven't somehow offended you cloud (or anyone else for that matter) so just to be clear, if i'm ever sarcastic or just in a silly postie mood, i never mean to upset or intentionaly annoy anyone.

And as for heated debates, i've read pretty much every thread since the forum change, and i would say that the debates and arguments over the last few days have been fairly tame compared to some of the older threads.and a few oldbies have mentioned some pretty legendary arguments/debates from the old days too.

as far as a certain someone being a troll or not, i really wouldn't know but it does seem like the two threads were kind of looking for posters disagreement.
    hmm...hope that wasnt troll food

7. tortexturtle

THAT is what I'm talking about! It shouldn't. And "newbies" aren't meant to behave anymore than "oldbies" are. Such statements are divisive and absurd! (sorry cloud, but it's true)

8. Freeborn

Yeah, i can understand people getting nostalgic, i may be myself one day, but as you said it can sometimes come across as divisive, and the lack of that sort of thing from both the administrator/forum rules and posters is one of the things i like about these forums, as oposed to certain other forum site's which seem to have some sort on-line class divide going on.which is just weird. not to mention certain rules seemingly just for the sake of haveing them! (on other sites) Control freaky admins....whoa! ...and relax;-):-)

9. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Concerning the error messages: I've noticed that despite the message, the post has usually gone through ok. So if you get one, just go back and refresh the page and see if your post appears. The double post comes from people reposting thinking the error message means they're post wasn't successful.

As for this thread, I agree that perhaps replying to a 'troll's posts only encourages him, but... isn't it a tad ironic we have a thread to discuss this? No offence meant, I'm finding it all rather entertaining.

10. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

For the sake of this, I have nothing against newbies as I said I made a little list of those I get on well with, just with this board it isnt so big so you make a name for yourself and by trolling and arguing and generally doing everyone head in when you havnt been here that long people are like "oh noes they are back" like with Antieverything I am sure no one is thrilled to see him post.

I mean 2 year guy you have been here 2 years and arnt new but you are already my enemy and I will be busting your chops whenever I can now.

Dismembers likes this.
  11. tortexturtle

I'm your enemy? I hope you're not serious...because that's pretty lame :lol:

12. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I want to know what "busting your chops" entails.

13. tortexturtle

Hey now, that's a good question.

14. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

Oh you will see. You will see. Not you bluey I like you

Dismembers likes this.
  15. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Cloud, you're not making it very clear that you're joking. Don't worry the guy, please.

16. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

oh I thought the you will see thing made it clear I was talking nonsense. Don't worry guy I am only messing cause to be honest I don't remember why I said you were my enemy in the first place. something about a pie?

Dismembers likes this.
  17. stephypops

stephypops Catering Officer

I don't tend to be on here beyond 11pm at night and maybe I should now to see what you are all up to! I think staying up on the forum past midnight is like given chicken to the mogwai in Gremlins, you all start being really naughty! :P

18. Freeborn

After midnight Cloud morphes into a troll, and causes strife:twisted: ...Aaagh, help! The irony is burning me:shock::-)

19. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

I am a waretroll!

Dismembers likes this.
  20. RedMidget

RedMidget First Technician

and I had you marked down as somthing more weird and scarey!