Felt tip

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by dodgebizkit, Jan 12, 2013.

1. dodgebizkit

dodgebizkit Deck Sergeant

In Trojan, wouldn't it have been a billion times better if the scene where rimmer regains consciousness he had a penned tash and the word 'smeg' on his forehead?

Another missed opportunity would be after Howard's drain, if we hasn't seen his face until he gets in front of rimmer saving his life and you see a penned felt tip tash and he word "twat" on his forehead, that would have gotten stitches of laughter.

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I think we can all come up with ideas of how certain scenes could have been improved, but not everyone would agree with our suggestions. And I don't think much of the two you've come up with.

3. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Great ideas, much better than the dross the bloke who wrote the show came up with!!!! :x

4. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

I think something like that is best left to the imagination. I'd prefer not to see Rimmer with any drawings on his face.

5. acerimmer_165

acerimmer_165 Supply Officer

they shud change the actor of rimer he is getin old

6. dodgebizkit

LOL!

Is that why they changed the actor of Rimmer's dad?

7. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Shud?

8. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

how old are you?!? :roll:

9. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

Just because someone types out in text type spelling doesn't mean they don't have an opion, it does annoy me reading this type of writing but heck, see past it and get on topic.

No Chris Barries doesn't need replacing, his acting of Rimmer is kingpin to the whole of Red Dwarf, although both Chris and Craig do need to get off there pedestals and get back to acting the characters instead of overacting the characters.

10. acerimmer_165

acerimmer_165 Supply Officer

Sorry, it was a spur of the moment joke that was meant to be funny at the time and to highlight that a lot of the changes that some people have been suggesting on here are superfluous at best. I also thought that such a minor point didn't really merit an entire thread, and could have gone elsewhere.

However, on a serious note now that this has been brought up, I do think that the acting in RD X (on reflection), is quite inferior to that of earlier series. The characters, with the possible exception of Danny are quite often caricatures of their former selves, and I thought this was particularly obvious in Rimmer. And yes, I think this is possibly due to the age of the actors and maybe them getting out of touch with playing central roles. Most people on here enjoy RD enough that they are willing to overlook the decline in acting quality (again with the exception of certain scenes such as Lister's father-son conversation).

For the record, I really enjoyed RDX and after rewatching all the episodes a few times I would easily put it in the top 5 series (or at least the top 10 *JOKE*)

EDIT: Reading over this, apologies for how formal this seems. Possibly subconsciously trying to prove that I don't actually write with poor grammar/spelling, although why this would invalidate my opinion is anyone's guess.

11. dodgebizkit

Don't be bullied by the troll.

I thought you were serious about changing Chris Barrie that's why I laughed :P didn't realise you were joking.

12. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

The bloke who wrote the show did come up with that idea, he just had the subtlety to draw its humour from the suggestion and not from the visual. Two totally different styles of humour and I'm a little surprised you seem to prefer the visual over the suggestion.

In series 8 Doug almost certainly would have gone for the visual everytime. In classic RD he would have kept its subtle as he did here (not to mention it's absence gave us a good Cat one liner).

On a side note, have you decided that Trojan is "dross" now, Simmy? I thought you liked it at the time.