Female Hologram..!!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by dazsin, Mar 4, 2009.

1. MooMooYew

MooMooYew Third Technician

Katerina, hmmm, what to sayyyyyy,
    From the picture it seems he despises her every being and with her aim being to replace Rimmer i can see why this gets him all "tetchy".
    I hope she isn't a character only exclusive to the specials, Rimmer with two rivals is just going to be brilliant.
    Definately adds to the cry for a series 9. Just how nice can Dave be? :-D

2. PaddyC84

PaddyC84 Second Technician

Thought RD could only support 1 hologram, or a second for a bit if things were turned off for a while, or am I missing something?

She looks like Nigella Lawson if you look quickly then look away.

Let's just hope she doesn't turn out to be an irritating female character like Kochanski was or this forum will be hopping mad! :lol:

3. Aimi

Aimi Catering Officer

Shes a very pretty lady, certainly making things more interesting/curious in terms of storyline.

4. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

I think you'll find some are quite saddened by the fact that Kochanski's not appearing in the new specials!

More importantly: yes, you may well be missing something when it comes to the new hologram. That something being 'the full story', which you'll get from the episode! We've had a lot of silly hologram discussions in the last few weeks. From the ageing question (Rimmer ages, noticeably, from series to series, and is shown to have done so into the future in Out of Time, yet he doesn't age over 557 years in Rimmerworld) to basic power logic (Rimmer's never been hard-light aboard the Red Dwarf ship, remember; and Starbug was able to power him in hard-light form no problem).

Basically, don't panic, nobody forgot the logic. Despite the fact that the rules on hard-light hologram power (what WAS powering him on Rimmerworld?!) aren't especially well locked down...

5. geekrock82

geekrock82 Second Technician

I've got to wonder exactly what specific acting ability is required in order to be able to play a hologram...

6. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

That's what I'm worried about...

Though over the years I did warm to Kochanski, at the time I felt that she completely upset the balance of the show. I just hope this character doesn't do the same.

Though of course as yet we don't know how big her role in the specials is going to be.

7. goldy_T_O_T

goldy_T_O_T Deck Sergeant

Ont Canada eating cat nip and drinking Milk
    This looks like it could get very interesting. Only hope that some station over here will show the specials only don't think I can rely on our local PBS stations showing any Dwarf again but then again you never know. :-)

8. geekrock82

geekrock82 Second Technician

Why does she have any more chance of being irritating because she's female? I mean, if the first new character announced was male, would you be saying "let's just hope he doesn't turn out to be an irritating male character like Warden Ackerman"?

9. Snipofsmeg

Snipofsmeg First Technician

Well if she is softlight then hopefully she wont have the urge to youch things ect.

10. Snipofsmeg

If we are talking about multiple holograms and how they are generated, what arbout ace rimmer who is generating his power? :?:

11. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

All looks great fun.

I'm glad people have moved on from drooling and are now contemplating the inevitable great acting...

12. Jo TORDFC

Jo TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

I was under the impression that blue = hard light?

Well yeah, but given the info that Dave released, that Katerina is out to 'replace' Rimmer this still fits with that rule.

13. Snipofsmeg

Well like others have said, we have seen many holograms on red dwarf all wearing different colours and styles of uniform. I would say that the bleu = hard light question is a very rough guideline which has never been said to be correct or standard in the RD universe.

14. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

Indeed. In Out of Time, the hardlight older Rimmer wore yellow.
    And there's been no continuity on the "colour" of soft-light: From normal uniform through green to red.

But we don't even know where this story starts. Post VIII? Post VI again? Parallel reality type thingummy?

So I think getting bogged down in the colour of Chris Barrie's costume is not worth it at the moment...

15. Snipofsmeg

Fully agree with you.

16. Jo TORDFC

Jo TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

Yeah fair point, but I was just pointing out I've been assuming that he is hard light given the colour of his uniform. I see your point about the different colours that have been used, but he's not been soft-light when wearing blue before has he? (correct me if I'm wrong)

I don't think anyone is getting bogged down in the issue - a few comments have been made, that's all. Surely speculating is half the fun at the moment?

17. Aimi

Aimi Catering Officer

She'll probably be a hardlight hologram to make the show a bit easier. It was novelty at the start for Rimmer to be falling through things and people having to move things for him, but now that they moved on a bit, they'd be a bit silly to back track.

18. SoundableObject

SoundableObject Catering Officer

I always assumed that he was yellow because he was a more advanced hologram, in Series VI each suit seemed to represent a certain state and I have always thought he was yellow because he was one up on Hard Light, what that is well, erm, he has the amazing ability of putting on weight! :shock:

19. ch

ch Catering Officer

Am I the only one who never related the colour of the uniform to the 'state' of the hologram?:-(

20. THEBRIT

THEBRIT Third Technician

Lets just hope they spend more time on the script than her. Cmon guys stop thinking with your 'small' heads.