Female Hologram..!!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by dazsin, Mar 4, 2009.

1. CrazyFanNumber8725

CrazyFanNumber8725 First Technician

Woot! Now i'm a female hologram too!

Wierd thing is, remove the H and i kinda look like that in real life...

Yes, there was a solid woman on the ship before... and they all ended up playing Jane Austin RPGs for her, which i have to admit, was rather annoyinig.
    And now I have to post a thread titled "annoying women: kochanski and me" as a result!

The bit where Kryten charged the jane austin thing with a tank made everything totally worth it tho.

2. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

If slightly misspelled...

3. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Well helo-o-o-o-o... ;-)

4. CrazyFanNumber8725

***peforms the Double-Rimmer salute!***

5. teddyrogers

teddyrogers Third Technician

About Rimmer changing colour. Rimmer is able to request new hair styles and clothes from Holly so I see there being no problem about him wanting a different shirt colour.

I always thought being a hard light hologram meant that you were self-powered so it is quite possible for other hard light holograms to exist on Red Dwarf.

Hopefully Katerina will make a good addition to Red Dwarf. I must admit when Kochanski first appeared in Red Dwarf it threw the show off on a tangent for me. Looking back over those shows now it is not such a bad thing...

Ted.

6. CrazyFanNumber8725

I also thought holograms can wear whatever they want.
    Also, Ace Rimmer isn't blue.

I'm just hoping for a return of the not-hard-light holograms cuz i think it's cooler that way. But i'm sure whatever it is will be totally awesome... or... fantastic!

7. sanja

sanja Supply Officer

Like I am not sick of shauvinism already. Maybe she will be worth while female character finally. Ok Kochansky was ok... but there was something.....

8. teddyrogers

teddyrogers Third Technician

That may be a little to strong a stick to be waving around at all the guys here :-)

When Kochanski appeared in Red Dwarf the show changed from we were used to. I can still remember when they were shown on TV for the first time - things seemed different. I can only speak for myself, it had nothing to do with the fact she was a woman...

Ted.

9. sanja

sanja Supply Officer

I didn't mean it like that ;-) I was maybe hard at words... But female characters are little weird in RD :-D There is always something missing...

10. lynseyjinn

lynseyjinn First Technician

Jumping in with my two cents, I must admit that when I read the news about this female hologram, I can only describe my reaction as an agonised howl. Kochanski really grated on me and I never managed to warm to her. I just hope this new character isn't going to do the same thing, although I do agree that her presence and reason for being there is going to make for some brilliant interaction between her and Rimmer.

Though I'm definitely rooting for Rimmer in the who's-the-best-hologram contest. :-D

11. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Always do!

12. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

I think we have to acknowledge that if it takes two years to deliver a comeback, it's no longer worth bothering.

13. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

I can't agree. It takes me two years to think of a comeback. I've been saving them up people, you wait and see! :evil:

14. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

We all miss KT Bush Band so much!:-(