First Red Dwarf X publicity photo

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by talkie3000, Apr 25, 2012.

1. bromley001

bromley001 Third Technician

Also noticed that Kryten's looking in different directions in the two photos we've seen. Looking great, though.

2. dazsin

dazsin First Technician

I am like an excited child, great photo!!!

3. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

RECTUMfacedPYGMY Catering Officer

Love the new pic, looks like the Red Dwarf we all know and love. Not sure about dannys wig though:shock:

4. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

Just seen it nice and big on my PC (as oppose to on my iPhone) and oh wow it looks even more AMAZING!

How beautiful. That's my new desktop background :-D

5. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

It's rather bizarre-looking. His clothing is a bit strange too.

6. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

A great photo indeed :-) I'm fairly certain (but not 100%) that this shot was taken the night of the seconed episode recording (the one I attended) At least going by Cat's outfit...and by what Lister is holding in his right hand. Which would mean that when this shot was taken, Lister had just...oh wait - [​IMG]

I'm gonna' use this pic for my desktop background too. But I think I may leave it for a few months at least before doing so, as I fear that if I use it now it might make the days seemingly go by even slower in the build up to the series being aired.

7. codename_47

codename_47 First Technician

Red Dwarf WILL air on that date, you can have a cast iron guarantee from me that Red Dwarf will be on Dave then.

Like the journo at the sun who blatantly couldn't give a gwenlyn, I googled Dave's tv schedule too.

Unlike said Journo, I discovered that said episode is going to be a repeat.

Nice try Sun, nice try.

It's lazyness like that that makes me wish they're the next paper to shut down....:roll:

P.S. Anyone know how to make this so it can become a facebook cover photo?
    Have a lot of friends and a GF who don't know about this yet and will never come to it on a website so I want to share the love ;-)

8. codename_47

codename_47 First Technician

You know what's making me laugh the most about it though?

Rimmer looks more like the heavily plastic fantasy Rimmer from his own Logs or whatever the funfair ride sequence was supposed to be in Blue....

I don't even know what the extra make up was supposed to represent back then anyway, but it's funny looking at the similarities now.

And yes this picture opens up a lot of questions, hologram again, hard light again, alternate version of his series 4-5 uniform again
    (if other RD/space corps crew members are seen, will they end up wearing the same uniforms in different colours? etc etc etc)

Oh well, patience is the only answer to those questions.....for now.

9. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

I'm really not sold on Cat's outfit though.....Does that fur make it look cheap and tacky compared to the rest of the cast's outfits?

I had the same reservations when I attended one of the filmings too....

That said, it appears that I am just being negative. It isn't a massive problem for me. On the whole, all of the costumes and the set looks great. And my excitement is nearly back upto the levels it was at for the actual filming. I don't want to write the now cliched typical Red Dwarf comment about nipples tingling...but they bloody are! :-)

Oooo, I could crush a grape! :-D

10. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

i have to admit cats hair is abit... whats the word im looking for... BIG!! :shock:

but at the same time its nice for a change from what seemed like the same hair style for series7,8 and BTE, and as for the costume... well i believe he will have a different one for every episode from what i can tell so its ok for a one off :-)

otherwise yeah i think they look fine, bring on the next picture or teaser trailer i say :-D

11. supercat

supercat Console Officer

New desktop picture!

12. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Great picture! I don't particularly like Cat's hair and outfit, either though. I know he wears some extravagant flamboyant outfits, but that's... well...

It might just be the lighting, but Kryten's face looks edgier than I'm used to. I mean that quite literally, just look at his cheeks! He looks good though, and I don't see that issue with the eyes that others have mentioned, except all the lads look quite dark around the eyes, but maybe they're tired.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

13. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Absosmeggingloutely love what I'm seeing :-)

14. yeckel

yeckel Console Officer

Heehee! So excited to find out what is happening in the photo. Thanks for sharing!!

15. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Danny's wig and style half reminds me of him inside "The Rimmer Experience" when they're viewing Rimmer giving Cat fashion tips.

16. snodgrass

snodgrass Third Technician

Maybe they want to keep the Coronation St. connection from BTE and the Cat is the new Bet Lynch :-)

17. supercat

supercat Console Officer

I love The Cat's new look! I think his hair is very Georgian... And it definitely sits better than his wig from series VIII. That one always bugged me immensely... it just moved about too much!

18. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

I think Cat's hair looks great, especially when you see him in action. I can understand people thinking it looks too high or too big, but I think that's just the angle of the photograph. When you see it for real it looks amazing.

19. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Kryten looks wrong.
    Cat is now too OTT. Too cartoonish.