First Red Dwarf X publicity photo

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by talkie3000, Apr 25, 2012.

1. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

I think the shot looks great and it now lives on my destop.

2. SoundableObject

SoundableObject Catering Officer

Indeed. It lives as a desktop on my laptop and as a background on my Vita.

3. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

its defo desktop material

4. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

Kryten looks weird but no worse than the VII Kryten...that one was scary. Cat is always OTT. Thats just how he is. I think it looks cool. Cat is always going too far.

5. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

I thought Cat's outfit looked a bit too 'cheap'. Too artificial. I'd expect some kind of rare animal hyde than obviously fake fur around the collar. Although the outfit design and the hair actually looked a lot better than that picture seems to indicate IMO. But I have a feeling that this outfit will just be in one or two episodes....

As for Kryten....the mask does look odd. And I really hate those shoulder arch thingy's.

Be interested in knowing what you think of Rimmer's and Lister's outfits. Or is an absence of something negative from you supposed to be taken as 'good' :P

**Yes, I am joking! Lets be clear here.....look, smileys and everything:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D**

6. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I'll have to see him from a few different angles before making a proper assessment, but Kryten's new mask looks perfectly fine to me. Though he is very red around the eyes for some reason.

7. SoundableObject

SoundableObject Catering Officer

It did seem that Robert had a few problems with his eyes through the production. If memory serves me, he missed a day of filming for Episode 6.

8. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Well, yes, in the previous series he's always been known for his restrained, reserved demurity.

9. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

gold space suit anyone?

10. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Very droll, if you read my post the word TOO is key. It's gone too far now, from the limited evidence of that single photograph.

11. Ianjk78

Ianjk78 Second Technician

Yes that is correct. Due to his age and rigorous hours doing Red Dwarf X in the mask his eyes would be affected (bags under the eyes), so he had to take days off after every couple of long days he did shooting Red Dwarf X. These was not just a few hours a day shootings these was full days so he had to keep taking breaks! It was noted by himself on Twitter.

12. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

It sounds fortunate of him that UK shows usually only have short season so that such problems can be managed, I could foresee it being incredibly hard on him if to were like in the US shows where a season will last for 20 episode or something like that.

13. breakpointUK

breakpointUK Skutter

Hi i am new...

so dont flame me but...

I think the TVs in the background need some sort of console moulding around them, at the moment they look like 2010 model Samsungs!

I really hope this an early set piece that isnt finished, i suppose costume design has been finished and they needed some sort of photo to release... fingers crossed eh?

Still, really happy there is a new series coming.

nice one all!

Additional
    Is Lister wearing a World of Warcraft T-shirt? Can we expect an Red Dwarf MMORPG, lol

Additional Additional
    Liking Rimmer's new uniform, best yet?

14. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

The photo was taken during the filming of one of the episodes. So what you're seeing there is the final set. Sorry you don't like it in the photo, but it really does look amazing on screen.