For those who WON'T see BTE

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by adorabelle, Mar 23, 2009.

1. adorabelle

adorabelle Console Officer

I live in Italy and therefore will not be able to see the BTE specials.BOOooo:x (I considered going to Blighty to see them, but couldn't justify the expense, or the time off)I thought that it might be an idea to open up a discussion for those of us who won't be able to see Back To Earth when it is broadcast over the Easter weekend.
    After the broadcast, I personally dont think I'll be too bothered by having the plots spoiled, or every single detail of the specials picked over, I mean it's not the same as watching the shows for real(is it?). But, that's just me. Are the rest of you going to avoid all spoilers? Are you going to avoid the areas of the forum where BTE is discussed until you have seen it for youselves?

2. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

I sort of hinted at this in another thread, and I'm not totally sure of the legality of it, but if you have a friend in Britain someplace, and they own a Slingbox, you can watch it together anywhere in the world.

FYI. A Slingbox is a home media hub that lets you watch your own TV / VCR etc. on a laptop over the internet. You get them in all good computer stores.

People I know who do "Slingbox swaps" with people in other countries apparently believe it to be legal as it's private not public vewing but, don't quote me on it, I'm not a lawyer.

:eek:

3. connell

connell First Technician

I live in spain and have a crappy rebroadcaster, so I won't be seeing BTE until someone... ehem... lends me it, online... yes.. I was gutted as it was 2 weeks after I moved here the specials were confirmed to be on Dave, which I do not get :-(

4. telegramsam

telegramsam First Technician

I live in the states and don't anticipate the local PBS station showing it any time in the next century... though I am hoping to see it shortly after it airs in the UK. No, I'm not going to say how. :twisted:

5. sanja

sanja Supply Officer

I am sorry for not watching BTE at the same time as you in Britain... I will buy DVD when it comes out, and since then I will read your critics :-) Aniway I will be celebrating April 10nth :-D

6. petetranter

petetranter Catering Officer

I'm away for 10 days at Easter but I have a tempremental dvd recorder, which I'll be setting to record it.
    If it doesn't work, I won't be on the internet until June. ;-)

7. ch

ch Catering Officer

I just share the exitement and won't see the episodes on Dave.
    Don't know when I will.

8. valeedragon

valeedragon Skutter

I'm also from the U.S. and won't be able to see the new episodes on BTE. I don't know anyone in the UK and I don't have the internet at home, only at work. Does anyone know if the new episodes will air on BBC America? I saw someone else asking the question, but no answers. I hope that doesn't mean no (or no one knows:-(cry:! I've been waiting to see what happens next!

9. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

I guess the question is: how has Red Dwarf been shown in America previously? The answer, usually, is PBS. Which I would anticipate also being the case this time around.

10. OzTORDFC

OzTORDFC Catering Officer Fan Club Team

Here in Australia, I won't be able to watch it at the same time as those in the UK either. I will definitely be pre-ordering it on dvd though!

11. Hani_B

Hani_B Skutter

I live in Australia too, and to say I'm devastated that I will be missing out on seeing BTE over the Easter weekend is an understatement :-(
    I just hope that ABC gets the rights to air the new series ASAP or I might have to find a secret way to get a copy :eek:ops: