funny moments

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by kelseygirl06, Mar 8, 2009.

1. kelseygirl06

kelseygirl06 Skutter

who ahs a fave funny moment heres my from season one

Rimmer: What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey. Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates.
    Lister: Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning.

2. aceduder

aceduder Catering Officer

Series 2 Queeg - Listers story about the "Smart shoes" brilliant story leading up to really cheesey joke!
    Series 8 Rimmer and Lister drunk on Baxters hooch! and Ackerman tricking them by saying "Who fancies a kebab?"

3. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

There are too many for me to mention, but here's one that made me laugh out loud.

LISTER This from a man who's had less sex than a lettuce...
    RIMMER Oh, har har.
    LISTER Rimmer, people who say 'har har' have no sense of humour, they just can't think of a witty retort.
    RIMMER Oh, har har.

I think I mustn't have been listening properly when this first aired, as I don't recall laughing at all during series 7's original run. In the years since I've developed a great appreciation for the series.

4. dgoods

dgoods Third Technician

I have always liked from series2 stasis leak. I have come to tell you that in 3,000,000 years you'll be dead. will i really,what do you suggest give up white bread, more roughage.

5. admuz

admuz Second Technician

I don't think I've ever seen you say anything nice about series VII before Bluebell! :shock:

Oh and I agree with Zombie, the "Will I really?!" line always cracks me up!

6. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Over the years my opinion of 7 changed from hatred to great admiration, while almost the opposite happened for series 8.

7. admuz

admuz Second Technician

You liked VIII when it aired?

8. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Yes, I thought it was great, the funniest series yet. I still have a fondness for it, but it's really poor when compared to series 1-6.

9. admuz

admuz Second Technician

And here was me thinking you utterly hated the last two series!! Good to know you can see some good in them.

10. CrazyFanNumber8725

CrazyFanNumber8725 First Technician

most Series 7 annoyed me (but i liked Kochanski! I was able to seperate Rimmer's abscnece from Kochanski's character.) but I really liked Series 8 ... at least comparatively! The bit where Lister gets his guitaur strings back... with Rimmer's help! ... LOL!
    Maybe they change on repeated viewings. So far i hadn't watched iether 7 or 8 for a second time.

but my favorite episode is Queeg. "he's turned into brannigan, the ship's psychologist!"

"it's easy.... just pretend it's Queeg's face" (both spit at once)

something like... Queeg: "it's regulations" Lister: "good one"
    and then later... "see, me an holly had this little understandin' ...."

the entire bit about the pea! espeically when Rimmer says it fell into Lister's dirty socks.

of course the best bit was at the end. See, i was watching them in order and when i saw "erasing complete" I really believed that Holly had been replaced by Queeg for the rest of the series!
    the whole time i thought Holly would win, and then when Holly lost the chess game, I was like "!!!".
    I was mourning Holly with the actual crew when the whole "we're talking jape of the century!" bit came on. "april, may, june, july and august fools!" that was totally awesome!!!

THAT, and i'd had a particulary good brownie when I was watching Queeg for the first time.

11. admuz

admuz Second Technician

That is a great reveal. Pay-off for the entire episode and probably one of the best bits of series VIII IMO. I actually do quite like the episode, even if the concept behind it is really quite a bad one.

12. Aimi

Aimi Catering Officer

I'm highly favourable of the Binks/Lister scene from Holoship. Ever seen anyone else eat a cigarette?

13. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

As a former psychologist, soon to be doctor (10 weeks, touch wood!) I have a huge soft spot for the psychiatric counsellor scene from BITR... It's rather close to how I have been known to do consultations. Lovely.

Can I pick Marooned as one long scene?

14. dgoods

dgoods Third Technician

The part in camille,with lister trying to get kryten to lie, is one of my favourite scenes of series 4. A red and blue striped golfing umbrella! genius.

15. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Only Baldrick in the last episode of Blackadder Goes Forth.

16. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Love that! "Thank you very much, sir."

I've got two particular funny moments from the show that stick in my mind:

- The delayed fight from series 8.
    - Lister reading the letter from Rimmer's mum: "Is that all she says?" "Just that he passed away peacefully in his jeep...sleep." :lol:

17. petetranter

petetranter Catering Officer

The whole
    "What's that?"
    "It's a banana" scene, culminating in "Smeeee..." :lol:

18. biscuits2009

biscuits2009 Second Technician

Series 8, Back In The Red:
    The Einstein discussion. "It's the theory of relativity. You know, it's a theory you only tell your relatives."

And tons, tons more.

19. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

I've always loved the bit in Gunmen of the Apocalypse where Rimmer is trying to be tough as he goes to order a drink. (following is not word perfect)

Rimmer: "I've seen Westerns, I know what to do"
    Makes his way to the bar
    Rimmer: in his normal weedy voice "Dry white wine and perrier, please. What about you chaps?"
    Lister: "What Westerns have you seen Rimmer? 'Butch Accountant and the Yuppie Kid?'"

Being a student of accounting, I appreciate the last bit all the more, and can imagine a number of my lecturers doing the same thing!

20. RedMidget

RedMidget First Technician

From Psirens
    Ahh [SMUG MODE]I can't hang around here saving your necks all day, I think I'll make a start on that ironing.