Futera Trading Cards

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by p2p_productions, Mar 21, 2009.

1. p2p_productions

p2p_productions Third Technician

Was anyone here fortunate enough to collect the ENTIRE set of Futera Red Dwarf Trading cards from a few years back? By that I mean all the Autos, Memos, rares and variants? I hear the set was extremely limited even back when it was first released.

[​IMG]

2. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

Yes I managed it, took forever! The dealer card is the hardest to find (by cost) only 50 in the world.

3. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

For one horrible moment I thought that picture was your new giant-sized signature.

4. bravedave

bravedave Skutter

Does anyone have any spares of these cards or any they would like to sell. I still need the following:

Auto 01 Cat
    Auto 02 Holly
    Auto 03 Kochanski
    Auto 06 Rimmer
    Auto 07 Sylvian Despretz
    Memo 01 Rimmers red costume
    Memo 05 Emohawk feather/gelf mask/psiren skin
    Memo 07 Leopard lager can/jmc cigarette pack
    Memo 09 Morris dancer monthly
    Memo 10 Red dwarf part/set plans/mr flibble part/cargo bay crate logo
    Memo 11 Rimmers gold costume
    Centerpiece card
    Silver plated red dwarf/blue midget card
    24carat gold card
    Dealer card

If you like you could email me directly at davidchadwick23@yahoo.co.uk.
    Thanks, David.

5. GTaDave

GTaDave Catering Officer

Driving an Italia Gagliano, The Grizzly Circuit, M
    Can I just ask. How many Cards are there exactly! In the entire set? I see them all the time on ebay but I'm confused by what all the different sets are.

6. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Weird reading the above post. I'm watching 'Dr Terror's House of Horrors' now (well sort of, I'm doing web stuff too and I'm not that good at keeping my mind on both) and an elderly chap just got out a bunch of tarot cards.

Don't mind me, I'm easily fascinated by the little coincidences of life.

7. GTaDave

GTaDave Catering Officer

Driving an Italia Gagliano, The Grizzly Circuit, M
    Anyone know how many cards there are in total?

8. mrsbgb69

mrsbgb69 Skutter

Hi,

To answer your question Futera cards are:

64 base set
    32 chrome set
    6 smeg
    6 chloe
    6 despretz
    7 auto cards
    11 memo cards (+ 6 as varients)
    Gold plated redemption card
    2 silver plated cards
    6 card preview set
    chloe promo card
    XL centerpiece card
    7 album auto cast cards
    2 memo/auto album cards
    case card
    binder card
    dealer card
    business card

Hope this helps, this is the FULL list of all cards. Trying to get them all :-D

Going to get some cards signed at DJ for my collection. Roll on October!!

9. mrsbgb69

mrsbgb69 Skutter

Forgot to say, super impressed you were watching Dr Terrors house of horrors. It truly is a classic.

10. bravedave

bravedave Skutter

Detailed checklists can be seen at either of these links, but both miss off a few of the rare cards.

http://futera.com/page/red-dwarf-tv-collection-2002

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/allender/reddwafu.htm

There was also a 63 card parallel set that was only available with the leather albums. (Still need one of these if anyone has one!)

11. Laporbo

Laporbo Second Technician

El Presidente, I would have thought the hardest/most expensive were the memorabilia cards with numbers lower than 50. Its been awhile since I collected them but seems like a Flibble card was only 1 or 2 made. Had a chance at one but wasn't going to give $2000 US. Oh, and the Despretz card with the doodle on it (only 7 made or something).

Do have one question on the Gold Redemption card. I have 2 sets (redemption card, gold card, COA card). One redemption came back with an embossed seal stamped into the card, one didn't. Anyone know what up with that? Which one is the rarer?

12. bravedave

bravedave Skutter

Hi Laporbo, in my opinion the redemption card that was returned from futera with the embossed seal stamped on it is a better collectors item as it is the way it should be once redeemed and completes the set, the other that was returned without the seal stamped on it is incomplete in a way. Which is rarer I don't think will affect the value, and after the redemption cards expired they could not be redeemed so there may have been many not redeemed in time and these will obviously not have been stamped either. Hope this helps. If you have 2 sets please put 1 on eBay or something cause I have spent half my life for years searching for 1, I only have 1 auto and a couple of memos 2 get 2 complete the set, nobody could need 2, please! Dave.

13. JEZZMUND

JEZZMUND First Technician

/sigh
    Twice now i've been in bidding wars for a complete complete trading card set,
    Last time i lost out (due to internet fail) it was bought by a card dealer who split up the collection and sold it bit by bit..
    profit $eeking goit!
    -still a sore subject to this day, makes me want to do a teary..

14. mrsbgb69

mrsbgb69 Skutter

Hi Jezza,

I was also the other person bidding on that set and equally bummed that it went to greedy trading card company and not genuine collector. I saw the set listed for £300 buy it now but when I clicked to buy it now some smeghead had already put a bid in for £100. Shame as I had quite a few of the cards and was going to sell off duplicates cheap and not up to £180 a card!!
    Never mind my search for the few varients i need continues.....

15. Jonnyls

Jonnyls Skutter

Hi there

I was fortunte enough to be working for red dwarf online shop when the futera trading cards/folder came out and managed to get hold of one. I totally forgot about it untill recntly and im now wanting to get rid of it.

Im pretty sure its got a couple of cards missing but im not sure which ones.

If anyone is interested in purchasing this from me please let me know by e-mail: jonnyls@hotmail.com.

I'll try take pictures of all the pages so you can see what is there and what is missing and e-mail them to anyone interested.

Thanks

Jonny :-D

16. Skyfox

Skyfox Third Technician

I collected all the main ones, smeg, art and so on, I only have 1 card with a bit of prop on which is a 10 bank note, although I do have the album card signed by doug also :-) I have all the character cards signed now :-D

I do have a lot of spares, as I brought an entire box at the time (box still in very good condition), so I can post the spares I have on here once I get chance. Just editing videos from the weekend, I have captured some hilarious footage... and not just from the cast :P

17. chefrocky

chefrocky Skutter

Does anyone out there still have a sealed box of red dwarf futera trading cards? i have one Ser No.2249/4500, would be interested in finding more!

18. mrsbgb69

mrsbgb69 Skutter

Hi,

I have a complete set of Futera Red Dwarf cards to sell. (would like to sell as full set if possible to a collector not a trading company) Please e-mail me at: kirstylee69@hotmail.co.uk if you are interested. (if there is a lot of interest I'll ebay it with a reasonable start price)

Set includes:
    Red Dwarf leather binder
    AC1 Doug Naylor auto graph card
    CC1 Case Card
    Chloe Promo card
    6 card preview set
    Centrepiece card
    64 card set
    32 chrome set
    Chloe sub set
    Smeg sub set
    Despretz sub set
    Auto cards 01-07
    Memo cards 01-11 (memo 5 is gelf mask/memo 7 is leopard lager/memo 10 is set plans:-(wink:

Also selling the GR2 Gold card with GR3 Certificate card numbered 027/100 (no redemption card though:-(wink:

19. mrsbgb69

mrsbgb69 Skutter

Hi,

For those interested I have listed all my trading cards/ memo cards/ auto cards on ebay. All at reasonable starting prices. The Morris Dancer/Dibbley/Kryten cards are starting tonight.
    (Sorry the Gold card and Chris Barrie auto have been sold privately:-(cry:

Get yourself a bargain from a collector and not be ripped off by a card company!!!!

Happy bidding (a link is below to one of the cards, just see other items to see all, I think!) - here's to the new 2 series??????:-D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320554034049&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Sorry, I have no idea if this is how you do a link but it might work???? If not it's on ebay.co.uk search Red Dwarf card and you'll find them easy enough.

Just tried to click on link to test out and does not do much!! :? If you copy and paste it as a web address that works though :-)

20. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

I'd recommend a link rather than hoping people will search and find it!