Games You've Played/Purchased Recently

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by FeeBee, Oct 6, 2017.

1. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Since the other gaming thread is hard to find with the name gone I've started a new one for all games.

At the moment I am finishing off steam achievements for Plants vs Zombies. A game I have finished on mobile phone twice and on my ipad once already. Its a fun game and sad that the second one doesn't feel like PvZ.

Always playing Guild Wars 2. Working on map completion for Path of Flames expansion at the moment.

Recently putchased and old favorite Disneys Lion King along with Aladdin and The Jungle Book.

2. BigOleMummy

BigOleMummy Supply Officer

Yay! Yeah glad this is back up. Nothing new really. Got that Beneath a Steel Sky the other night, but haven't played past the door! lol, in my defense , was just checking it out to make sure it was ok. Seems fine, and in my library for good.

Going back to Temira late tonight or early tomorrow. May be in there a bit.............

3. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

None of the games I purchased on GOG work, I suspect I just need to restart my computer. Its shut down and unplugged at the moment due to weather. I'll find out this afternoon when I restart the PC if its not storming when I get home. I have other options for playing the games. Think I can get them installed on the 3.11 win computer ;-) (that involved finding my book with the commands to get past the CMOS battery errors. Its not a button battery, sadly so I can't just replace it)

4. BigOleMummy

Really?, Never had a problem. Yeah, a reboot does wonders sometimes. A 3.11 Win Computer........... wow you a collector?

5. BigOleMummy

You talking these games ^^^ .....

On this machine ^^^. ........ummmmm, comparable hardware with software date?

6. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I have a DOS 286 that I'm not sure if its the monitor that died on the video card. I can't exaxtly test it either because I don't have any EGA monitors around. It was my family's first computer. In 95. I was disappointed at the time since Win 95 had just come out. It introduced me to classic games like Duke Nukem and the other Apogee games which were my favourite until I discovered Point and Click adventure games.

I have every computer my family has ever owned. Plus a couple of old laptops an older work friend gave me when he found out I am a collector of tech.

7. BigOleMummy

I see......... lol, my first was 95 machine. Its long gone now, but I can remember it taking all night to defrag! I loved watching those little squares run across though.....

8. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Me to. I was very upset when I ran defrag on an XP computer and it was gone.

(I may have ripped copies of the mentioned games that work on my old computer)

9. squeal mold

squeal mold Flight Co-Ordinator

I remember defragging seemed to take forever! Do they still have that on pc's, and is it still as slow? I ask because the last time I owned a pc, it was in the mid nineties. I also loved those football manager games, when you had to manually update the databases yourself, by copy and pasting data over files over each other

10. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

I played some Friday the 13th last night. Was picked to be Jason on the first one and managed to kill everyone.

11. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

The only game I've played in recent times is Chess Titans. Losing it was one of the reasons I decided to go back to Windows 7 after upgrading briefly to Windows 10. I did also play a lot of Civilization 2 up until about six months ago.

12. squeal mold

I was n play play Friday the 13th but can't as I have no pc or internet . Not fair waaaah!!!!, Waaaahhhh!!!

13. squeal mold

I wanna do lots of crying mojis but my mobile isn't letting me, so imagine them in my last post

14. BigOleMummy

Only games I play any at all, besides those I've already mentioned, are those free ones you can get. Like from the M$ store or even .... like BigFish games. (though I'll never give another dime) BTD5 of course. But when I just want to waste a few minutes or so, the free Mah Jong, the free Solitaire .... a cute little platformer called ChimpAct......... about it I'm afraid. Gonna be hitting Temeria HARD this weekend though :-D!

15. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

After all the talk about old games in another thread I have a hankering to play the 'Monkey Island' collection of games. Classic puzzle solving.

FeeBee and Shroud like this.
  16. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

I have the special editions of the first two on the backwards compatibility on the xbox one. Will probably have a go through sometime soon again.

FeeBee and Sammy Psycho like this.
  17. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

Road Rash 2

Sammy Psycho likes this.
  18. BigOleMummy

Ant the Dragon likes this.
  19. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

BigOleMummy likes this.
  20. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Monkey Island is the best. Should run it up on the old computer because it sounds amazing.