Games You've Played/Purchased Recently

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by FeeBee, Oct 6, 2017.

1. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Has anyone besides me played Tales of Monkey Island? I enjoyed it a lot more then Escape. The style seemed more like Curse.

I was trying to do an achievement on Guild Wars 2 yesterday, waited over an hour for it to spawn and apparently it spawned just as I left because of of the people I was waiting with sent me a PM XD They thought it was funny because before I left I told them I had to leave for it to spawn. I got the event when I came back and didn't have to wait around for it that time.

2. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    Glad you didn't have to wait long when you came back. Had something similar happen to me when I played WoW.

FeeBee likes this.
  3. BigOleDummy

Thinking I need to get a new controller. My machine can use any Microsoft compatible hardware so ........ anyone have any recommendations? Using a Chinese knock off right now, its ....ok, but about on its last legs. The software for it though goes all the way back to xbox 360. But to be honest...... I can't really tell a difference between the 360 and the 1 software.

4. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I got a dodgey xbox 360 wireless controller. Didn't know it was a a known issue until it was to late to do anything. I cannot get the batteries out of the controller and rechargeblle batteries pack doesn't stay on.

Wireless controllers for the 360 are still super expensive. I use a wired controller these days.

BigOleDummy likes this.
  5. BigOleDummy

Yeah, I heard about those. So I was "overjoyed" to see that my beautiful ,expensive new gaming laptop uses....... yep, xbox 360 controllers. btw I use a wired mouse and/or controller exclusively when I game. Had a wireless give out on me during some League of Legends play........ I was not amused. And it will NEVER happen again!

6. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I have wired keyboard and mouse. My wired keyboard stops working on me until I disconnect and reconnect. Trying to hold out replacing it till I build myself a new PC since I want new everything for my next build. Don't like wireless for gaming but I did like the wireless xbox controller when I was watching netflix since I watch Tv in a different spot further from the xbox.

7. BigOleDummy

Going intel or AMD? That new Ryzen CPU from AMD is the bomb! Makes me want to build a desktop just to try it.

FeeBee likes this.
  8. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I haven't decided yet. My first build in 2005 was AMD duel core. Last build in 2010 was intel i7 first gen. I go between the both depending on what is the best at the time and affordable. I'm probably over a year away from a new computer if it doesn't die on my first. I want to go to Dimension Jump next year and thats going to require a lot of money.

9. BigOleDummy

It sure will! Wow.... that would be awesome though, going to Dimension Jump I mean.

AMD and Intel both seemed to have kicked it up a notch this year. AMD's Ryzen and Intels new Coffee Lake i7's. Not to mention the new i9's from Intel. The top of the line for both is pretty steep but AMD's are cheaper, as usual. I really think both of them really need to work on clock speeds though. Mainstream clock's are pretty much at the same level they were .... gosh even 10 years ago, you know around 2.4/2.8GHZ. Inching up a hair just this last year but not near what I think they should be by now. Anyway, over at tenforums everyone's raving about the Ryzen's. Good price and all the power you want/need.

Here's a link to a review of the new i7 Coffee Lake if you haven't seen it :

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/10/intel-coffee-lake-8700k-review/

And here's a link I saved reviewing the Ryzen 5 : http://www.pcgamer.com/amd-ryzen-5-review/

FeeBee likes this.
  10. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I can't remeber if I have 2.2 or 2.4ghz in my pc which. It still meets low-mid range specs despite its age.

I want to go to the UK to see friends and family so I may as well go to a convention as well :-) Making a big trip. Will be my first real holiday since 2011 when I went to Germany and Switzerland for a few weeks.

BigOleDummy likes this.
  11. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

when I had a gaming pc they were out of date virtually instantaneously, it was ridiculous. If they've slowed all that nonsense up then I say good on them and its about time

BigOleDummy likes this.
  12. BigOleDummy

Nah, that's still pretty much the case. Mine is still "higher end", especially for a gaming laptop, but nowhere near cutting edge. I try to get top or very near top of the line components for my lappy's, but by the time I settle in with them their pretty much obsolete. I stay in the newest .......... iteration, of each component i.e. now its the 1000 series GPU's from Nvidia and the i7's Kaby Lake architecture. (well, enthusiasts have the i9 and a brand spanking new Coffee Lake architecture. I use predominately Intel and Nvidia products ,Geforce GTX 1060 GPU/i7 77000HK CPU at the moment. Both OC'ed along with the RAM))

13. neilold

When I had one it was a top of the range 133 so you can tell how long ago it was, and some of the games were in dos!

FeeBee and BigOleDummy like this.
  14. BigOleDummy

:lol:Yeah, that's been a minute or two at that! If you have any desire to in the world you really ought to take a newer gaming lappy out for a spin. It will amaze you!

15. neilold

I would but i can't afford one

BigOleDummy likes this.
  16. BigOleDummy

I hear that! I would be very hard pressed to be able to buy this machine today.

17. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

Aye, me too, I've just played 1&2 but unlike these two The Cursre of monkey Island hasn't been re mastered or released on gog.

18. BigOleDummy

They have a "wish list" type of thread for what games you want but they don't have. Might be worth your all's time to suggest it.

19. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Monkey Island series is in some sort of weird limbo at the moment with Disney buying out LucasFilms who held the rights. If anyone does a re-release of Curse and Escape I hope it's Tim Schaffer of Double Fine since he redid several of the other LucasFilm/LucasArts Adventure games. Ron Gilbert the creater of Monkey Island while wanting the licence for the games back doesn't consider Curse and Escape as part of the game canon (which would also exclude the 5th game released by TellTale) I know Ron Gilbert didn't work on Escape but I cannot remember if he worked on Curse. I do hope that Ron Gilbert gets the licence back because I'd be interested to see what direction he would take the game if he made a new "Monkey Island three" but still want the other two released digitally in some form because they are both fun games.

sundayforsammy likes this.
  20. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

I did read Ron Gilbert wanted to buy the IP rights from Disney to make a new Monkey Island 3 as he envisioned the series was a 3 game series. As said above he didn't work on the 'curse' as he left the company or something.

Anyway he wanted to buy the IP rather than work with Disney to create a new 3rd game as he said it would only work if he had full control.

I didn't realise Telltale had made a Monkey Island game, I was going to suggest they would be a good contender to take over the reins.

FeeBee likes this.