Games You've Played/Purchased Recently

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by FeeBee, Oct 6, 2017.

1. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Giveawayoftheday has a great little re-mapper for controller to mouse/keyboard today if anyone's interested. Lifetime updates included.

2. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I can understand Ron wanting full control. I need to play his Timbleweed Park, it's done in a similar style to Maniac Mansion and Zak McKrakken and hoping that he releases other games in that style.

The Telltale Money Island was released around the time of Sam and Max 2 and 3 around the same time as the remake of 1 & 2 were happening. Tim Schaffer was heavily involved and they got the voice cast back. If Ron ever does anything with Monkey Island I hope he keeps Guybrushes voice because I don't think I could listen to anyone else as Guybrush.

Played more Guild Wars 2, hoping to get the final mount from Path of Fire this weekened and finish off map compleletion for the Path of Fire maps. Then I have to go back to Hearts of Thorns maps and map complete them. I wasn't interested in that expansion when it came out last year so just kept doing the base game stuff.

3. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Playing Sims 3 and Sims 4 at the moment. Would be playing Sims 2 but it keeps crashing on the laptop which has Sims 2 installed.

4. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

Star ocean three on PSN for ps4

5. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

The game Oxenfree is currently free on GOG for another 20hrs from the time of this post. Don't know anything about that game, but it's free =)

BigOleDummy likes this.
  6. BigOleDummy

Yeah, I got it right before I went to the E.R. yesterday. "Claimed" it anyway, haven't had time to download/Install yet. Have another one too ........ :redface: ..... I bought a "Star" for $3.00 which when you open it is a random free game. I just couldn't figure out where the durn thing IS to open it! :-D I'll go back later on see if I can find it and maybe check out Oxenfree while I'm at it.

7. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Star for me is $3.89 I didn't bother because I assume that it would end up giving me something that I already owned on Steam since that is how my luck usually rolls. I did a couple of the righstuf anime mystery boxes a few years ago and ended up getting 2 copies of Darker Than Black 2 in different boxes which I already owned so I had 3 copies. I ended up giving one copy to my brother. And I ended up getting something else I already owned but cannot remember what show that one was. So 3 myster boxes of getting stuff I already owned, I gave up.

8. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

GOG sale is a deadly thing purchased Dungeon Keeper Gold, Dungeon Keeper 2, Kings Quest 1 - 8 (already own 7 but it doesn't work on Win 7 and have played everything except 8, 6 is my favourite) Quest for Glory 1 - 5, Elders Scrolls Arena, Elders Scrolls Dagger Fall, Elders Scrolls Legend Battlespire, Elders Scrolls Red Guard.

The final game was not on sale but purchased it anyway Cosmos Cosmic Adventure. I am hoping it has all three episodes. I had episode 1 on my old dos computer and I am hoping that it still has the "please register all your shareware" in the game XD Was hoping they had Duke Nukem 1 and some of the other Apogee games but didn't find anything. Cosmo I found out when I got internet access has an infinite lives cheat. I was a little annoyed because it took me a few years to complete it all the way through without cheats. I could not get past level 4 when we first got the computer when I was 10 and there were two other levels I had trouble with later on. My sister and I were so excited when we finally finished all the way through and were a little upset that episode 1 finishes with you getting eaten by a monster. We thought Cosmo was finally going to find his parents. Fun game, cannot wait till I get home from work because that will probably be the first thing I play.

9. BigOleDummy

I ended up with Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 for my star. Didn't have it and I usually like that type of game so here's hoping. I think you can buy it regularly for $10 or under these days but I'm happy with it.

Not a real fan of the cheats myself. I mean, what's the point of playing if you KNOW you're going to win? Kinda takes the fun out of it, but that's me. I've never finished Donkey Kong Country and its one of my favorite games around. Haven't played it in forever (no PC version/port) but look for a GOOD emulator STILL on a regular basis so I can play it again!

10. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

The cheats to get to certain levels would have been appreciated in the limited computer time days. I woild just get to the level that I wanted to play and would have to get off for my sisters or parents.

I have one of the Rollercoaster games, I think think it might be 2. Always like that style. My most played game in that style was Theme Park World. Checked GOG and they only have the original Theme Park.

11. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

We had a kids game show called Amazing where they would go through mazes and play games and one of the N64 games they would play was Donkey Kong Country. I always liked it in looks but not sure if I have ever played it.

12. Pembers

Pembers Console Officer

Been playing Roller Coaster Tycoon Touch on the iPhone lately, quite enjoying it.

13. neilold

I remember the best thing about that game was making the rollercoaster crash

FeeBee likes this.
  14. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Theme park world I'd get my stats and ratings really high and then at the end of a play session I would save, trap people in the park, delete food venues and start crashing the roller coaster. And come back the next time at a point before I destroyed everything. I play Age of Empires a very similar way.

15. BigOleDummy

I do something similar with Tropico. Every now and then I like to just piss my "subjects" off so bad they start rioting and rebelling. To this day I laugh when the little Tropican flag above my soldier's heads turns into a white flapping chicken as they run away :lol:! Way back in the long ago I did that with Kingdoms of Camelot too. Got my might up to around 10 million or so and then just (without provocation mind you) pick someone who had ruffled my feathers at some point and attack until I was done. Did that twice and had the supreme satisfaction of completely wiping out some jerk who had attacked me mercilessly when I was still a noob. Bliss. Of course, after that his Alliance wiped me out but I was done anyway.

After reading all these replies I can't wait to go play Coaster Tycoon 2 now ....... so I can watch the coaster crash!

FeeBee likes this.
  16. neilold

They're something gleefully sadistic about being evil in God games. I loved drowning people in populous, and inflicting all sort of natural disasters and terror on them

FeeBee likes this.
  17. Pembers

Pembers Console Officer

You think you know someone......

18. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Finally got to play Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure last night. My Friday plans went all out the window. Jumped out of my skin when the blue ball enemy fell from the sky with its little white and red parachute, because I forgot it was in the second level and they always terrified me when I was younger despite there being nothing to them.

And not liking the music. My old computer could only play the sounds not the music and the music is a bit annoying.

Level cheats that I mentioned earlier is something that I wished I could use in Lion King on the SNES. It would take my friend and I about 6 - 12 hrs to get to the level we could not get past. 6 on a good run, 12 on a bad and it was very frustraiting to get to the point that we could not get passed to lose that final life and have to go all the way back to level 1 and know that was 6hrs of gaming min to get back to that point.

19. BigOleDummy

Anyone ever play Theseus : Return of the Hero? Been thinking of downloading it but man, I have probably 5 bought games I haven't even started yet! Plus, Witcher 3 is still my goto AAA game ..... still doing some of the quests for the first time!

20. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

Recently found that Sonic and Sonic 2 are both free (officially distributed by Sega) for mobile.

BigOleDummy likes this.