General Series X in production discussion thread

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by KingR76, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Catering Officer

I have tried dipping in and out too. I really do struggle though. Even after all these years, I still can't accpt them as the show that I loved. I did smile at the lister rimmer kiss though. I really hope they pull it back this time, lthough after the latest clip I really do have my fears.

2. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

So do I :-(

3. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

RECTUMfacedPYGMY Catering Officer

The trailer didnt amaze me, but I think it showed promise, and still looked better then series 8.

4. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I quite liked it. But then again I liked some of series 8, some might call me strange. Keep your voice down they are listening to us!

5. PFMC84

PFMC84 Catering Officer

I would actually rate series 7 and 8 the same, but for different reasons. Both are still rated much lower than Series 1-6. In both 7 and 8, some jokes worked and some didn't. Some episodes shone and others felt flat. The writing wasn't that great in many episodes either and it was kind of obvious that Doug was struggling to write the show on his own. While watching some episodes of 7 on Sunday I noticed 3 references to the Nova 5. Hell, we didn't get a reference to the Nova 5 in four series and now we get 3 in one. Also in Blue, the Cat says "son of a bitch" twice in one conversation which seems really disjointed. The show doesn't usually have swearing and hearing that remark twice in a casual conversation in the space of a minute felt strange. That, and Dave's editing of the show to make it daytime friendly was inconsistent. In one episode we lose Kochanski calling Lister a bastard when he shot her through the leg but in the next episode we have Lister saying he was bollock naked on stage. Both words are acceptable at PG so why cut one and not the other. I wonder how Cat's "Does mouse smeg roll? I'll get you there!" line from Series 6 will fare when it's shown on Saturday.

6. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

http://www.kmbaproductions.com/bucky/bucky-red-dwarf-x-competition/

You're welcome.

7. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

There's already a thread about it here.

8. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Im not sure if this should be out or not but i believe its doing its rounds on twitter

RDX episode 1 Review (contains major spoilers)

its probably best not to share the spoilers within the forum.

for anyone who just wants the (non spoiler) reviewers opinion on the episode

9. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

I would class the spoilers as "minor" rather than "major", myself - but very good job on the editing!

Everyone else: please don't discuss the further plot elements mentioned in the full review.

10. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

This thread has now been locked to allow for a reworking of the site's spoiler policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.