good to watch hard to rewatch

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, Sep 11, 2017.

1. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

What movies did you watch and then found it hard to re-watch, and why; and no, I'm not simply talking about gory horror movies. I want to hear about all movies, horror if you want to. So it could be a movie that made you cry, for a specific reason, or it disturbed you, cos it reminded you of a friend, or you found the humour in it too corny, or tasteless, or a movie like 'the usual suspects' that you found to be pure ruined spoiler the second time around.

2. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

Requiem for a Dream. Great film, but so bleak that I can't see what I'd gain from watching it again.

3. neilold

Yes that is pretty grim

4. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

I don't know if I really want to say the name of the film, but there's one I avoid at all costs now. I'll keep it brief, but I remember this film leaving me quite shaken anyway when I watched it, possibly due to the characters in it reminding me of people irl, but also cos it was very well done and realistic.

About a year after I watched it, my friend was killed (who had an absolutely uncanny physical resemblance to one of the characters, as well as personality) by a guy who largely resembled another character in the film, who also killed the character that reminded me of my friend.

So yeah nowadays...just the name of the film makes me shudder, and if it ever happens to be on tv I switch it off immediately.

Sorry, that's quite morbid I know.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  5. neilold

that's quite chilling, like some sort of celluloid prophecy

6. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I have been trying to think of something for a few days because I have a number of shows that I enjoyed the first time but found harder to watch the second time around. Now that I'm finally getting over my cold and it's easier to think, most of the shows that I find hard to rewatch are anime. Some of them because I'm no longer interested in a certain style/stories. Others such as Puella Magi Madoka Magica, I already know all the twists and turns that made the first watch through exciting that rewatching it a second time I was bored and didn't end up getting the rest of the way through. Future Diary is another one but it also has the issue of being a bit to gory.