Halloween run up

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, Oct 7, 2017.

1. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

There is also a chubby guy in this movie who reminds me of Peter lorre even more than Peter lorre, and I had to watch the movie loads of times before i even believed it wasn't actually him

2. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

I saw it once as a kid. I was in primary school, because I remember talking about it with a mate the next day. Even though I haven't seen it since (so I haven't cast an adults eye over it) it must have left an impression on me because I remember several scenes (probably incorrectly knowing what memory is like). I'd definitely give it another watch given the chance.

3. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    Nope can't say as I have. At that point in time, and just prior, I was reading the Doc Savage books pretty avidly and as I can be a little bit of a "snob" on occasion I wouldn't have even considered watching this then. In fact, this is the first I've heard of it. Based upon your all thumbs up I'll have to keep it on my radar.

4. neilold

It worth a watch. It's a pity it's too overly camp for its own good. Buy it was done in an age when superhero's movies had to be 'camp', think flash Gordon and batman, before stuff like Indiana Jones and the batman of Michael Keaton came along. It's still worth a look though. Knowing how you like pulp big old, I'd say you'd appreciate it

5. neilold

You probably remember the green snake scenes Paul, they're the most memorable and cool thing about the movie

6. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I've never heard of at least 95% of horror films that you mention on the forum, and this is another that I've never seen or heard of.

7. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

They were animated in a pit I swent to remember.

8. neilold

Bluey it's not a horror, it's an action adventure movie

9. BigOleDummy

What,......... nothing today? I think I'm in the mood for a taut little psychological thriller ....... throw in some aliens ...... an oppressive government/military bureaucracy ........... I got it! "Morons from Outer Space"! Why has this NOT been reviewed @squeal mold ???

10. neilold

cos I didn't rate it, as a yank did you see the smith and jones series? If you didn't you will realise that they were much better in that, and had different characters and comedy than this made for the foreign market cash-in rubbish

also I'm ironically trying to avoid horrors in the run up to halloween, to prove that I do actually watch other sorts of movies to you bunch of whining pansies

BigOleDummy likes this.
  11. neilold

todays movie is 'the show' 2017

a thriller with James franco and Famke jansenn, who I haven't heard from since the bond movie. Not a bad little movie this. An outspoken reality host comes up with the idea of a live suicides show , as a means of showing how precious life is. Unsurpisingly the show becomes a hit. What follows is basically a comment on the tacky nature of reality tv, sensationalism , modern day tv viewer stupidity and cruelty, and the total corruption of the host and his original ideas and motivations . Weave in a family and friends plot and you have a passable movie. Critics have both savaged and praised this movie in equal measure. Nothing startling original but an ok watch, it will appear to whoever it was on here who did a thread about reality tv a few weeks ago, I've forgot his/her name at the moment.

12. BigOleDummy

You mean the tv series? Alias Smith and Jones? Maybe a couple of times. I don't watch much tv at all and never did. Funnily enough, I've only NOW , in the last 5 or 10 years or so, become somewhat interested in Westerns.

13. BigOleDummy

This? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4131800/

14. neilold

No I mean the TV BBC comedy series of smith and Jones, that was a wordplay of that series, called alas smith and jones

15. neilold

BigOleDummy likes this.
  16. neilold

17. BigOleDummy

Never heard of it. But will keep it on my radar to check out if I get the chance.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. BigOleDummy

Have a Halloween movie themed thread in another forum I go to and this is very high on most lists there. I haven't seen it but I bet our own Master of Macabre has! So @squeal mold is it worth watching?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416315/ Wolf Creek

19. BigOleDummy

20. neilold

I thought everybody had seen it!!! Definitely yes, old mick Traylor is one of my favourites, and I've mentioned this movie on here many times over the years. It really gives a sense of the enormousness of the ozzie outback and just how much you can be lost and in trouble. It's also goodly gory in parts to. Part two is also good fun, and features him battling his old traditional ozzie rival, a Brit!

I am v surprised you haven't seen it. Watch it soon, and let me know what you think of it to