Happy Thankgiving

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by BigOleDummy, Nov 23, 2017.

1. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite Holidays. Its a time of the year when we consciously remember the people and things in our lives that important to us. Now I guess it can be argued that we should be "thankful" every day, and we should, but sometimes with the hectic day to day that is life we can lose sight of the things that really matter to us.

I'm thankful for my family, of which I am the blackest of sheep. Without my Mother and Sisters especially and my brothers too I could not be who I am today. Now ....... this BigOleDummy is not everybody's "cup of tea" and has lived a very .... different shall we say ... kind of life than my family but have never felt anything less than total love from them. I truly don't deserve to have such backing.

I'm thankful for this Forum, yes and I'm not being trite either. I enjoy my time here much more than I probably should. Its my go-to site for when I'm down for as well as when I'm up. Good people talking and having fun..... now what's NOT to be thankful for there?

I'm thankful that I live in a first world nation. I've seen how hard it is to live in second and third world countries and feel extremely lucky to have been born in the U.S.

I'm thankful for the myriad small things that you sometimes don't even notice. Life's little "extra's" so to speak. Making all the lights driving to work .......... not having to wait for the Bus ......... getting the best server at a restaurant ...... having the correct change for a tip .... my first coffee of the day ....... you know, the little things that can just make your day.

FeeBee likes this.
  2. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

Happy thanksgiving, Americans!

3. BozBoo

BozBoo Deck Sergeant

Happy Thanksgiving to the American brethren.