Here comes mumfie again

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, Jan 16, 2018.

1. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Now.......... @neilold you REALLY didn't think I could let this pass without a comment did you? I submit that seeing as to how we as Americans have deep cultural roots in Europe (and Asia and Africa) that the heritage you speak of us "snatching" from you is just as much OURS as "yours". If indeed you do have an "Americanization" of "your" culture then its because, A: We take what's best of our mixed cultural legacy and meld them together to make a sum greater than its individual parts and ,B : well...... there really is no B, I guess. Anyway, while I WAS surprised to see you refer to Mumfie as a "travesty" if this WAS the camels nose under the tent you claim it was/is then you have nobody to blame but yourselves. Foisting this ........... amateurish attempt at children's programming and exporting it to OUR pristine shores in the first place is pretty close to an act of war imho. And thereby any modifications to it only makes it better.

Besides............. didn't you see that CUTE flying pig?! :-D;-)

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I think you mean this thread.

3. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

yes I I do see the flying pig, and while it goes a good long, long way to repairing anglo/us relations, at the end of the day it's still a sham, and your pro American accusations do nothing to convince me that my original case can be challenged or delegitimised by even one thousandth of a percent

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  4. neilold

bluey and ant-e, how many times must you be told your latent mumfie loving tendencies are obvious before it sinks in your thick skulls

5. neilold

bluey, you have made both pro and negative comments. Your brainset obviously cannot handle mumfie in his purest form. I suggest you cut out any negative or potentially implied negative mumfie comments, and bathe on the good side of the fence

6. BigOleDummy

Having never heard of this "Mumfie" before joining this forum and seeing that clip you posted in the other Mumfie thread I have questions. Which is the "true" Mumfie? The rather cheap and amateurish puppet or the rather saccharin animation? Was this indeed popular over there? For how long if it was? IF this was a popular thing I submit that you have an answer for the question of why you lost your Empire.

7. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

@Seb please can you lock this thread? Thanks

8. neilold

It was popular on kids tv in the seventies.that to me is 'true mumfie' , 'pure' mumfie or 'orthodox' mumfie. This series was inspired form the works of Katherine tozer, or 'mumfie god' as us disciples call her. She is English and nothing to do with you yanks, or your awful imitations

9. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

@Seb please can you lock this thread? Thanks

10. BigOleDummy

"IMITATIONS"!!!!!!!!...... I'll have you know , sir, that WE had quality programming for our childhoods. For example the immortal Presto the Clown! (watch listen for the frog to start coughing/gagging! :-D)

11. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

My brain is currently in conflict on the whole Mumfie thing. The negative and positive thoughts are currently battling it out for supremacy, and I hate to admit it but the positive thoughts are winning. Looks as if I'll be a massive fan of the big-eared one before long.

12. neilold

This makes me happy, today is a joyous day

13. neilold

That choking frog is hilarious, plus the clown makes pennywise seem friendly

14. BigOleDummy

He was a local channel guy and as he got older...... he would just wander around looking confused, forget what he was saying..... introduce the wrong cartoon etc. It was hilarious and sad at the same time, hearing him wheeze and try to say Bugs Bunny .......... he was probably 85 or so when they finally shut him down.

15. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

...all the VHSs at the thrift store are 99 cents, and if they have the "tag color of the day" (which this one happened to have) anything in the shop goes at 50%. There are always loads of 50 cents VHSs there. I could have got Titanic for a dollar, for crying out loud, and I actually got Fantasia 2000 (one of my personal favorites) at 50 cents as well. Also, the point of culture and heritage is its constant evolution, and you've no right to whine about that anyway as I'm sure the accent you would insist Shakespeare be played with would appall the man himself!

16. BigOleDummy

You mean Wilma Shakespeare don't you? :-D;-)

Abe likes this.
  17. neilold

do not challenge my mumfie statements. They bounce off me, and will lead to callous, swift and brutal reprisal

18. BigOleDummy

What? Before you go home and snuggle up? :roll: Or after? ;-)
    [​IMG]
    And just how many of these do you have?

19. neilold

that's my deity, do not mock, or blaspheme him