Hints at Future????

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by acerimmer_165, Mar 30, 2009.

1. acerimmer_165

acerimmer_165 Supply Officer

They really enjoy putting us on edge don't they???

By the way, I pray it works out!!!! :

2. doggett

doggett Second Technician

I don't know, Ace.

It seems like the cast is happy but it takes more than that to make a movie.

I'd be happy if I woke up and found 4 million pounds sitting on the floor, but I don't think it would happen.

3. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

Ever since I saw the finish of Series VIII, I'd hoped for the movie. I would've have loved to see pre-accident Dwarf in the movie, along with all the other cool stuff we would see.

Let's hope they decide to make it! :-D

Edit: Let's hope that the people who turned it down decide to make it after seeing Back to Earth.

4. acerimmer_165

I like money ......

Oh yeah, Where was I????

I know a movie will be unlikely, as will winning the lottery, but you can always hope to win 4 million pounds :?

5. doggett

doggett Second Technician

You're right !!!

If Naylor hasn't given up then why should we !!!

He hasn't given up, right ?

6. acerimmer_165

He's giving us Back to Earth aint he :-D

7. SoundableObject

SoundableObject Catering Officer

I'd be happy with more specials. Just the fact that the future of Red Dwarf is now more open than it has been for ten years fills me with glee.

8. Cpt_Darling

Cpt_Darling First Technician

I believe that one of the major factors in the success of Red Dwarf has been the enthusiasm of those involved, it's been ten long years in the wilderness (new-TV-wise), yet in all that time the cast and crew have remained positive (apart from Norman perhaps).

At DJ's, Memorabilia and on the DVD's etc, something always shines through to make you think it's not all over.

Now that Dave have taken on the mantle making it their first scripted home grown show, I just hope they're repaid with a huge ratings buster and mega successful DVD. From what we hear, a lot of people have put in a huge effort for minimal fees and also put their reputations on the line. If a hit, the possibilities are endless and it will be one in the eye for the so called 'big boys' within the media, people will sit up and take notice (again).

I guess there's a lot riding on this in terms of future adventures, future Dave projects, GNP's outlook and even further Fan Club activity.

Time will tell, the media wagon is rolling and I for one have got my fingers crossed.

Whatever the outcome, nobody can question the efforts of everyone concerned, Marvelouss..

9. JEZZMUND

JEZZMUND First Technician

I couldn't agree with you more D, the possibilities are endless
    or rather, as endless as the optimism of Mr. Naylor - He's the man with the plans who (publicly at least)
    has never given up, with him at the helm i think we can always hope for more..

Some things never change then? Norm's usually the first to voice his malcontent,
    not that I'm saying he's a miserable goit at times...
    Well maybe i am.

10. Androidsandbeingasleep

Androidsandbeingasleep Third Technician

I'm hoping for a series 9. Chris Barrie seems pretty optimistic.

11. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I think I'm probably in a small minority here, but I never had much enthusiasm for a Red Dwarf movie.

I'd love to see a series 9, or at the very least some new specials.

12. Androidsandbeingasleep

Androidsandbeingasleep Third Technician

I would love a movie, but I'd prefer a series 9. That way, its 3 hours of new dwarf instead of 90 mins (which would spend half its time going over old ground from the tv shows anyway probably)

13. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Catering Officer

I personaly think that red dwarf lost something when Rob Grant departed. No disrespect to anyone still involved in red dwarf projects. I hope April the 10th will change my mind.

14. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

From what I've seen these few episodes may surpass series even series 8! Maybe being the word.

15. Menuboy

Menuboy Third Technician

Thing is though if there is a series 9 I think i'd rather have it set back in space. I actually think they should end up back on Red Dwarf at the end of this. Rather than a series of them adjusting to life on Earth lol.

16. Windfola

Windfola Third Technician

Hmm, it never occurred to me that there could be any other ending than them back on Red Dwarf in space.

17. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

But what else is there after Lister gets back to earth (which was his main objective)?

18. Windfola

Windfola Third Technician

I guess that I just don't buy the idea of them simply ending up back on Earth. There has to be some kind of twist that would stop them staying, if indeed it's all real in the first place.