Hogey...a future regular?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by bedfordfalls, Nov 9, 2012.

1. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

Yeah, 'Kryten' was a terrible episode...imagine if he had become a recurring character! he didn't try to kill anybody or anything! :roll:

2. nealos1

nealos1 Third Technician

Is highlighting part of my post and then posting that reply suppised to make me look silly?
    Or supposed to make me withdraw my oppinion.

Should I change the part you highlighted to "I hate encounters that are slapstick and unthrwatening unless the episode is good or unless the character is funny"?
    Or should you change your topic to "do we want Hogie as a regular, but if you don't then please don't express an oppinion or i'll make sarci ccomments at you trying to make you look stupid"- and Failing

3. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

He also apparently somehow managed to get his gun back from Lister...

I quite liked Hogey, I wouldn't mind seeing him make an occasional return like Ace or Dwayne but my initial reaction is that I don't think he'd be good as a more regular addition. Then again, there's a good chance I'd have thought the same of a cleaning obsessed service robot.....

4. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

No, it's just me giving my opinion on your opinion (or at least what I took to be your opinion from your initial post). Highlighting the bit I was commenting on seemed more courteous than snipping your post to make it look like that was all you said.

No, but your point wasn't as clear without that clarification. It just seemed to be implying that non-threatening guest characters aren't something you can enjoy in Dwarf.

Probably not, for one thing it wouldn't fit in the topic bar and for another I'm obviously asking for all kinds of opinion. It doesn't mean I have to remain neutral in the discussion that follows, or that I'm not allowed to have my own opinions.

Umm...okay.

But I'm not a moderator...I think you've rather got the wrong end of the stick. You don't have to be a moderator here to create a topic or ask question about the show.

Well that would be a shame. I'm afraid that if you want to express opinions in an open forum though, you're going to have to cope with people disagreeing with them or holding contrary positions. that's the nature of discussion. As it is I now understand your point: you didn't find Hogey funny and as he also wasn't threatening, you didn't see the point in including him and you wouldn't like him to return. That wasn't particularly clear from your initial post which just seemed to indicate that you didn't like any guest characters who weren't a threat, hence my remarks about Kryten as a standout example of how that exact scenario has worked brilliantly in the past and led to a regular role for a character.

5. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Ah, a good point indeed. Hmm...perhaps he has two of them? ;-)

6. nealos1

nealos1 Third Technician

In that case I may have over reacted a little.
    And I tried to edit when I seen my mistake bit somehow you managed to still see my post. ops

7. cougarric

cougarric Third Technician

I totally agree with the OP, Hogey was great amd could work as an occasional recurring character.