Hol

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by DeSmegster, Dec 23, 2011.

1. DeSmegster

DeSmegster Third Technician

I am a smegging noob to forums and ill be told to leave , most probably , but i would like to ask a question

Who is playing Holly in series X?!?

2. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

you wont be told to leave at all

and so far there is no news holly is even in it at all

its doubful norman lovett will return as he to bitter about not being in BTE

3. DeSmegster

DeSmegster Third Technician

Thanks , i appreciate it and nice to know . I did like both hols so i wont be too bothered but i was pondering the though :-D

4. Cruel Slayer

Cruel Slayer Console Officer

This statement has virtually zero chance of starting yet another debate about Norman Lovett's issues with GNP.;-)

5. ben996

ben996 First Technician

i think holly will be in it, because apparently the show is like season 2 and 5 which is the holly season

6. codename_47

codename_47 First Technician

Well even in series 5 she's not in it that much.

Can I just shock you: I like Holly.

Can I shock you even further: I like Hattie more than Norman.

I think its a shame she got the short end of the stick because Grant Naylor lost ideas for the character.

In the time that RD was last in continuous production there's a lot more analogies, humour and developments in the computer world for the writers to be able to use Holly to personify and I think it is a crying shame that the current attitude seems to be "Norman or Nothing"

7. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Not really a shock. I think most of us like Holly. Even those who disagree with Norman's attitude still liked him in the role.

I think Norman's version is generally liked more, but there are plenty who prefer Hattie. It's difficult to judge really as Norman had more material to work with, but I like them both. I think maybe I prefer Norman's more laconic version, but I'm all for Hattie returning.

I'm not sure the last bit 'Norman or Nothing' is true, but I largely agree with the rest of that.

Of course we don't know Holly won't return for this series, just because he/she hasn't returned yet. (Or has she? That could be a spoiler the attendees have to keep quiet about.)

8. DespairSquid8

DespairSquid8 Second Technician

I think it's going to be... Rich Hall,

He is good friends with Fry & I believe there is going to be a .... Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Lord Melchard, Lord Flashheart, Ace Rimmer, revival Mash up...

Hey, the pompous guy from the "Holoship" episode is also in Paradise Wildlife, along with Danny John Jules :-)

& so long as Laurie ends up with his neck in a noose.... gawd were sick to the back teeth of his face....

9. codename_47

codename_47 First Technician

Eh...what?

If we're to turn this thread into "who would make a good Holly" maybe they should ask Patrick Stewart (bald enough, fan of the show, will stop him threatening to sue at random moments), Matt Lucas (also a fan based on him including RD in one of the Hypnotist sketches from Little Britain, also bald).
    Maybe someone like Nick Frost or Dave Gorman, I dunno I'm just throwing names out here based on tenuous connections to the show!

10. The_Original_Cat

The_Original_Cat Third Technician

If there was to be a "New" Holly I would go for Kevin Spacey if he would do it.

11. supercat

supercat Console Officer

I'd rather there be no Holly than a new Holly.

12. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

They should have a Holly where all the personality files have been wiped. A robotic emotionless computer....Mark Wahlberg would be perfect for the role....

13. Cruel Slayer

Cruel Slayer Console Officer

:lol:

I can't think of a Holly who wouldn't get on my nerves quickly, apart from Norman and Hattie. Perhaps Dylan Moran. It's about time we had a drunk Irish Holly.

14. Deviblue

Deviblue Second Technician

I wanted to pitch an episode concept but didn't know who to send it to.
    It would have followed on from Holly needing a repair.
    An emergency repair computer called Ivy (Probably cast as Ruby Wax looking like a 50s school teacher with Dame Edna glasses)(I.V. like in a medical drip and so an episode could be called 'The Holly and the Ivy')
    Holly needing new interface and personailty circuits (to intoduce anyone they wanted)
    A Spacial Displacement Drive which Holly had fiddled about with, used and called it the Holly Hop
    Another JMC Dwarf class ship where everyone was dead and the ship falling apart
    A spacecorp Test ship smashed into its side
    And a lone deranged glitchy Hologram of Rimmer's brother John who wants his brothers hardlight drive and to kill them all.

Personally I'd have like to see Bill Bailey as new Holly

Alas It was not to be...but if anyone can pass it on please do.

15. mophead241

mophead241 Catering Officer

Queeg, although the concept could get boring after a few episodes.

16. supercat

supercat Console Officer

I don't understand why people want entire episode concepts to return. I likes Queeg as an episode, but trying to redo it somehow would just spoilt it. I want all new guest characters... don't spoil any of the old ones, please!!

17. gem5ie

gem5ie Catering Officer

I agree!

18. thatlouise

thatlouise Third Technician

Queeg would get boring 5 minutes into a second episode about him because we already know the joke..

19. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

It's generally not a good idea to try and pitch story ideas to the makers of the show. There are all sorts of complicated legal reasons for this - please see the "Submissions Policy" on this link: http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/terms/

20. mophead241

mophead241 Catering Officer

We know him as an April fools joke, but if he was there for another reason, like an error made him actually take over, and Holly loses control of him, then it could work. Only for one episode though.