Horror thread

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, May 13, 2017.

1. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Yeah I know. I do agree they were let off a little "easy"........ but STILL ........ the microwave exploding head scene is the best in either movie imho of course! ;-)

2. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

Yeah that's good, but it's not adequate, brutal or slow enough justice for the crimes committed. It's basically an unsatisfying pop that in no way counterbalanced by it's opposite equivalent

3. neilold

Just watched cult of chucky, very dissapointing a total mess of a story with a bad ending

4. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

I was just thinking I must check the release date for Cult of Chucky! I'm not surprised by your assessment. The Child's Play franchise is iffy in places.

For example, the characters come and go. Andy is in the first 3, then 4 and 5 are just the dolls running around, then 6 introduces a new family, now Andy's back for 7. Okay, but what happened to his mother and that detective from 1, what happened to Kyle from 2. Is the family from 6 still involved.

I can't remember, what happened to Tiffany and the transgender-doll-son? God, Seed of Chucky was awful.

5. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

I tried watching Cult of Chucky. I was interested in this part where Andy is keeping Chucky's head in a safe, but the mental institution bit I didn't care about. And that was most of the film. So I actually only watched about the first third and then just read the plot.

Interestingly I'm obviously not the only one who's noticed the haphazard continuity, because they rectified it in this one. It was like they deliberately wanted to tie the previous 6 films together. So we get the disabled girl from 6, we get Andy from 1-3, Tiffany from 4-5, and Kyle from 2 shows up in a cameo at the end. I liked the deliberate reference to 3 with the t-shirt on the wall.

Didn't like the lecture on the second amendment in the first ten seconds. Can I please get away from modern politics for an hour and a half with an installment of an '80s horror franchise? No.

6. neilold

Yep you've summed it up. I didn't like the 'am I crazy, and is this real' concept at all. It doesn't really work for slashers. I was also disappointed with the cameos being pretty ineffective and short. The kills were quite good, but the ending sucked, a lot. This is the second time in a week I've being disappointed with franchise editions I've being looking forward to then let down by, having recently seen leatherface

7. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Just tell me the deal, what was going on where Chucky was in Andy's house but also somehow in the mental institution. Because I loved the idea that Andy wasn't taking any chances, that he'd kept Chucky's severed head stuck on a spike in a locked safe. I was thinking, this is going to be bloody interesting seeing how Chucky gets out of this one! Then it turns out he never got out, because there were like, multiple little servant-chuckys or something. When did that happen.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  8. neilold

I didn't get that myself, but the chucky' head chained together was actually very cool. I assume it's something to do with chucky 'the entity' inhabiting multiple dolls via the chant, which is Shi-ite and nonsensical really, and one more thing to dislike, it's happened in other childs play movies , where his soul, or whatever the original serial killers remains are supposed to be, is transferred into another doll, usually always that brand of doll. Basically I was so peeved at the end because it was people that it was transferred into. Hence chucky movies in future could be basically anything or anybody.

Cue future movies having god knows who or what voices being scripted into the franchise with the disclaimer that it's just chucky in somebody elses/ creatures body. As a chucky fan you can see just why the thought of that upsets me so much!

9. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

The original premise was the Charles Lee Ray put his soul into the doll because it was the only thing around when he died. He obviously wanted out, so kept trying to transfer his soul into Andy because Andy was the first person he revealed himself to. They kept saying he couldn't spend too long in the doll because then he'd be stuck in it, but he kept trying across the first 3 films. Then 4 and 5 he seemed to give up, 6 I can't even remember what his plan was. So is the rule that he's trapped in the doll not in play anymore?

10. neilold

At the end of the cult he's in Rachel, Tiffany is in a doll of herself and also in the body of Jennifer tilly

11. neilold

When I say he, remember that Charles Lee ray can put himself, or his entity/soul (whatever you wanna call it), into multiple other things by saying a chant, so you could then have Charles Lee ray chucky dolls, Charles Lee ray women and Charles Lee ray aardvarks

12. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

I know he can transfer his soul, but it was always one-at-a-time. If I want loads of killer dolls I'll watch one of the dozen or so Puppet Masters.

13. neilold

I think it still is in effect, but now the individual can then transfer also.i.e a into b, b into c, c into d, so you end up with a and b and c and d. I can't always fully comprehend complex 80s goofy doll slashers!

14. neilold

Interesting movies

15. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

What's that one from the '60s where it in a haunted house, but there's this theory that it's all taking place inside a mental patients head. It has lesbians in it, I think.

16. neilold

The haunting, 13 ghosts ? I'm not too good on older horror movies it sound like the haunting, a film usually rated as the best haunted house movie ever

17. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Yes, it's the Haunting. Very subtle film where you never see an actual ghost. Not to be confused with its inferior '90s remake.

18. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

According to wikipedia, Chucky found a "voodoo spell on the internet" that enabled him to transfer his soul into multiple hosts. Thing is, when the hell did he do that. The last film ended with him getting captured by Andy, in this film he's a head locked in Andy's safe. When did he have the opportunity to cast this spell.

19. neilold

Dunno, assume it was supposed to be when he was with Andy. Like I said, its a bad movie anyway, regardless of continuity flaws.

20. neilold

The haunting remake is one of the worst remakes ever, which is saying something in itself