I Just Saw Episode Three

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Andrew, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Menuboy

Menuboy Third Technician

Yeh, as in series I-VI funny?

2. biscuits2009

biscuits2009 Second Technician

Cannot wait. Just cannot wait any longer! Since the new eps were announced I've stayed quite calm, but now it's becoming more of a struggle.

Must... control... bladder...

3. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Oh yes, it's funny. But it's also much, much more.

4. hermanmunster

hermanmunster Skutter

So much more, eh? I'm guessing it's also pretty dramatic too, then! But really, when you say funny - you do mean early Dwarf funny, yeah? Not 7/8 funny, yeah? Put my poor heart at ease Andrew.

5. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

I have no idea what you want me to say, since humour is a matter of taste. Personally,if you didn't think Cassadnra was funny I'd say you were dead from the neck up. Since some people think Series I wasn't funny, and some say VII wasn't, all I can say is: I found it funny. Just as I found Gunmen, Quarantine and Epideme funny.

6. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

Well I think what people want to know (and you no doubt don't want to reveal!) is that each series had a unique style of presenting comedy, for example, I-II based around strong dialogue comedy, III-IV clever ensemble scenes and some physical comedy, V-VI being heavy story, spoof and of course (in VI) running gags, and VII-VIII being a bit wacky with use of incidental music etc.

It's hard to describe each series' dynamic, but I think you'll agree they each have their own. I suppose it'd be nice to know which if any this is aiming for, if not a blend or something totally new.

7. Titanbeing

Titanbeing Third Technician

As long as it feels like Red Dwarf looks like Red Dwarf and makes me feel all warm inside when i watch it i'll be happy.From pictures i've seen it looks class.
    Andrew your one of the lucky few............
    Roll on the 10th April

8. Dwarfer_Stu

Dwarfer_Stu Third Technician

I think science fiction shows are hard to get in a full story in a half-hour time slot, especially with adverts making it 22-26 minutes long. The fact that its a 3-parter would suggest to me that if this does extend into a full-on series, I reckon it'd be better for Dave to make it so its an hour's slot of television, or 42 minutes without adverts, rather than 30 minute slot with 24 minutes without adverts.

9. mrtomjohn

mrtomjohn Skutter

I couldn't agree more. We all know that Doug can't keep to half hour scripts (see: any documentary on the DVD's. Especially S.8 )and plus it gives us more depth in the storylines, more allowences for storytelling etc.

Personally I'd be happy with 24 SECONDS of red dwarf, as long at its new :-D

10. goldy_T_O_T

goldy_T_O_T Deck Sergeant

Ont Canada eating cat nip and drinking Milk
    Can't wait.
    Looking all the more forward just reading all the stuff here. :-D

11. TheAmazingDannyKing

To be honest, I do find it odd that on the Series VIII documentries, everybody agreed unanimously that it was a mistake to show Back in The Red as a three-parter, and that it should have been an hour special, so far as to even stich all three together into a mega-long episode on the DVD.

Yet now it's back to doing a three parter?

I for one didn't have a problem with a three parter, and I suppose showing it over 3 days rather than 3 weeks solves most of the issues, but it's still a little odd to me.

12. angelajohnson

angelajohnson Third Technician

Andrew, I am beyond jealous that you've had a sneak peak at the 3rd episode! I'd like to grill you but I'll refrain...

Andddddd to the last poster.... it's Red Dwarf, it's GOING to be funny! "Do we believe?!"
    :-)

P.S Who's on twitter? Don't want to spam this board too much about our Red Dwarf night in the Aigburth Arms in Liverpool! But I'm looking to reach as many Dwarf fans as possible. Please follow me on www.twitter.com/AigburthArmsdo

13. jennifergould

jennifergould Third Technician

The suspense is killing me! Can't believe I'm going to be in Rome when they air! Do they have DAVE in Italy? Doubt it... sob!

14. TheAmazingDannyKing

Time to buy a Slingbox!

15. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

It's going to be 23 minutes per Episode more than we've had in the last 10 years!

I'm just pleased that it's actually going be on television again. That is quite enough for me.

Andrew, a very heart warming story. Got me all flustered just reading it!

16. peas_and_korn

peas_and_korn First Technician

Show off :P

17. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

I can expect (maybe) that with syndication cuts reinstated for the episode on the DVD, it may be as long as all the other Dwarf eps.

18. JEZZMUND

JEZZMUND First Technician

...I Hate You Ellard
    ;-)
    Can i have your job yet?

19. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

Does this still concern you @Cloud ?

20. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

It does. I have spent the past 8 years without answers!