If Doug had left instead of Rob...

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Ant the Dragon, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

Yet you still can't find it in yourself to answer the question my post put to any of you... how strange! And why on earth would I be embarrassed by you "rising to the challenge of provoking"? by your theory you have done what I wanted... how embarrassing for you?!

Andrew has a habit of warning those who dare question or challenge the "FANS" - you know, G&T, his old school forum buddies, and the like.
    So Ironic really given that my post(s) are some of the only few that favour Doug, Series 7/8 and BTE, and question the hypocrisy of why the so called fans don't like it??!
    Yet despite the insults thrown at me in this very thread by YOU... I hear no calls from Mr Ellard for you to hush hush???!!!

Odd... Verrrry odd.

Politics eh

2. biscuits2009

biscuits2009 Second Technician

What was the question again? The one about Doug leaving instead of Rob?

3. Ant the Dragon

Because you have no way of scrolling up to the top of this thread do you???

4. biscuits2009

biscuits2009 Second Technician

Oh I have, but wading through your posts would be five minutes of my life I'd never get back.

5. Tex_Rimmer

Tex_Rimmer First Technician

Not necessarily, maybe he's just genuinely fanatical and genuinely dumb. I once knew a guy in this town named Art, who was so devoted to Star Trek that he'd literally go catatonic if it was ever criticized in his presence. He'd kind of stop dead, staring stright ahead without moving for a few minutes until he'd recovered his composure enough to run out of the room. And we're talking ANY criticism of Trek, not even if it was against the really smeggy episodes like Spock's Brain. Whatever it was, he couldn't handle it. So, as far as fanboys go, I've seen a lot worse than Anti.

His attitude is easily explainable. When you're a fanboy, you tend to expect everyone who likes your show to be as uncritically devoted to it as you are. When people who are fans of the show (as everyone here is) take a more balanced and level approach to it, pointing out the good things and the bad, they feel betrayed in a way. You should be rubber stamping everything without thought, not finding any fault, however small. That's why in his mind any criticism is automatically a nitpick. Even if he can't dispute them, he has faith that they're disputable, even ones he hasn't heard yet. And why he can pull facts out of his... er, recharge socket, like his absolute assurance that people would be equally disatissfied if Doug had left and Rob had stayed. If Lister hadn't revealed that the cardboard hats were to be green, I can easily imagine him getting into a Holy War over their colour. He could be trolling, I suppose, but I don't see why he must be. His actual arguments are dishonest, but his claim to believing them is probably honest.

6. jamiec

jamiec Third Technician

And you have a habit of annoying everybody. Maybe if you stoped baiting and insulting people they would not insult you back.:twisted:

7. Ant the Dragon

Example...

8. Ant the Dragon

9. jamiec

jamiec Third Technician

you said
    this is one want more.

10. Ant the Dragon

See above post(s) to that please!!!

Or are you, like Andrew ignoring the ones aimed at me!!??

Those messy politics eh?

11. jacksmith

jacksmith Catering Officer

Um, that's an example, you saying "all you annoying fans" directed to us and anyone who disagrees with you, you also have a
    knowitall atitude and the psychology lesson over statement gave a lecturing feel to proceedings; the awnser to the thread would have to be there's no way of knowing. You could have been level headed and polite but you constantly point the finger, at me, at Tex, anyone who disagrees with you, you then seem to demand an explaination as to how you smegged people off, even though you knew full well the tone of your comments when you smegging well wrote them!

You also call people "so called fans" as if they're less worthy of fan-dom than you? Even though you have said that you didn't like series 3 in comparison to other series i just don't get it.

Okay ANTI, you made me do it, i've had to go against my last post and actually post again.

12. Ant the Dragon

Okay ANTI, you made me do it, i've had to go against my last post and actually post again.[/quote]

It's always nice to have a wee chat on here! Friend or foe
    xxxxxx

PeeJayHarvey likes this.
  13. jacksmith

I understand that you believe that people have ganged up on you unfairly, but in most minds it was ye who cast the first insult with the tone of these threads and the contents, and even now you continue to bait controversy, then moan about being picked on, you can't have your cake and eat it.

14. Ant the Dragon

I'm not moaning about being picked on? Don't think I am at all.

find it at odds that despite having three people throw insults at me... Andrew, as usual, does nothing about it unless it is not one of 'his people'! Politics of this forum amazes me!

15. jamiec

jamiec Third Technician

Could'nt have put it better myshelf well said.:-D

16. jacksmith

In my past couple of comments i have tried to make you see the reason people have reacted badly to your comments, you fail to understand these or you simply ignore them?

17. Ant the Dragon

Thanks... really helpful!?

18. jacksmith

Well he was congratulating me.

19. petetranter

petetranter Catering Officer

I thought fish was spelt G H O T I. :?: :?

20. jacksmith

I don't get the joke. Unless it's not a joke and you didn't realise i was quoting?