If Doug had left instead of Rob...

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Ant the Dragon, Apr 29, 2009.

1. petetranter

petetranter Catering Officer

Sorry, it's a quote from George Bernard Shaw which he used to show the idiosyncrasies of the English language.
    Ghoti does indeed spell fish if you pronounce the letters as they are pronounced in the following words:

enouGH

wOmen

naTIon

;-)

2. jacksmith

jacksmith Catering Officer

Ahhh that's awesome. Thread derailed KABLOOM

3. PROEverything

PROEverything Skutter

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Excuse me while I just change my Tena Lady. I was just browsing and came across this thread, I don't often join forums but felt I had to in this instance - Who is this ANTI-Everything *****? If I was to use 'psychology' then I would deduce that he is an ugly, middle-aged, overweight, unpopular virgin who has no friends, no life and no common sense or decency. Unable to fit into modern day society, he uses forums as a way to contact the 'outside' world, but as yet has not managed to master the art of 'social interaction' (How am I doing so far Anti-Everything?) I would also guess that he had a very unhappy childhood, was bullied at school and the only love that daddy gave him was in the form of beatings. Thus, Psychology lesson over.

On happier notes, everybody else on here seems like jolly decent people, and from what I have seen so far, Andrew the moderator does a stirling job. Keep up the good work chaps!

4. jamiec

jamiec Third Technician

PRO-EVERYTHING SAID

well said.:-D

5. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Can we have done with this farce, please?

6. jacksmith

I'm sorry, you're not fooling anyone, shut your stupid flat-head, i pttied you abit for awhile, now it's obvious you're just a goit.
    And i don't understand what Andrew has done wrong, he hasn't as you have alluded to, taken anyone's side; he's a moderator so he tried to make yourself see reason so you'd moderate yourself, but you havent. And if you continue down this path of stupidity he'l probabley have to moderate you, or that's my prediction.

7. Tex_Rimmer

Tex_Rimmer First Technician

Any fool can despise what he can't understand. But speaking of that, I thought you claimed to be bored by my posts and not want to read them any more. Yet you're still hanging on my every word. How about we agree on this: You were wrong on your original point. You claimed that people who criticized Doug writing alone would dislike Rob writing alone equally, but you failed to present any evidence to that effect. So you lose that round.

But I lose the point where I claimed that you were perhaps a bit fanboyish, but not necessarily dishonest about it. Recent events seem to have proven me wrong there, so I'll eat the loss on that one. I do think you're trolling now, and even see a bit of artfulness in the method. Like picking fights everywhere, yet complaining in the garbage pod conference that people aren't polite enough any more. I suppose that's the troll equivalent of Shakespeare. (He was a playwright who lived in the olden days: Wilfred Shakespeare.)

8. jacksmith

Actually Tex, he did present evidence in the original post of Rob's sit-com on --sky? something anyway.
    And i thought it was Wilma Shakespeare.

9. Tex_Rimmer

You're lifting your head on the swing, that's the problem.

10. mellow_n_dark

mellow_n_dark First Technician

Never fear Tex Rimmer is a master at failing to answer questions!! That's why I love all the people who replied to my thread... and the amazing way Andrew dealt with it............... ( )

:-)

11. Tex_Rimmer

Especially questions that aren't questions. You can always tell a statement from a question because questions have this little symbol at the end that looks like a button hook? (That last wasn't a question, I was just demonstrating for you what the symbol looked like.)

The reason I don't get mad at you like the others do is because I understand. You don't tell lies and attack people just out of sheer bloody-mindedness. You feel you have to do it to try to cover up the essential weakness of your views. That's why there's hope for you. Deep down you seem to know that you're full of caca, and so try to cover it up. That's better than if you had no clue.

12. Tex_Rimmer

I don't think that qualifies as evidence. His statement about that show was that he didn't like it. But his claim wasn't about himself, it was about other people (namely that everyone who wished Rob had stayed was hypocritical). He didn't show any examples of people who wished Rob had stayed but also disliked The Strangerers (and even if he had, it would apply only to those particular people). If he'd done that, I'd have called it weak evidence, rather than no evidence at all (Which is what it was. Or is that "wasn't"?).

That doesn't mean I disagree that Doug-Only is better than Rob-Only, only that I disagree with the idea that anyone who thinks otherwise is somehow being dishonest. Actually, it's probably for the best that the guy who was most enthusastic about the show is the one that stayed. Even if Rob were clearly the superior of the two writers, it wouldn't do much good to have him around if he was bored with the show and doing a job he didn't really want to do. He wouldn't perform to the best of his ability.

13. steven87gill

steven87gill Second Technician

The irony is, take away the rest of the post and here you've actually made an excellent point. Rob himself has admitted it was a 50/50 thing, it was never a case of 'rob did jokes and doug did sci-fi', that oversimplifies it, neither had comedy or sci fi as a particular strong point, it was simply the case that they worked well together at the time.

Now lets keep this one civil, shall we?

14. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

You are my god!

15. steven87gill

steven87gill Second Technician

:shock:

I'm a little scared now

16. Ant the Dragon

I forgot how disgracefully biased Andrew used to be!!

17. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

And I'd forgotten how much of a git* you could be. Who the hell raises a thread that hasn't been posted in for over 3 years to have a pop at the now departed** site administrator.

*Censored to a lesser offensive term so as to try and keep within the site rules...

**On the off chance that somebody visits the site after a long time away, I feel I should point out that Andrew is all well and fine. I meant departed as in left. Not departed as in Rimmer departed

18. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Is there ever a need to use more than one exclamation mark at the end of a sentence?

19. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Absolutely not!!!!

;-)

20. Ant the Dragon

Why exactly? Can no one make a comment about someone in the past then or do I need to ask your permission first oh arrogant one?