RDXI / RDXII If they'd been one series

Discussion in 'RED DWARF XI / XII' started by Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century, Oct 28, 2017.

1. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Final tally here and its changed quite a bit with the last two episodes of XII. Original :
    Revised :
    Skipper
    M-Corp
    Officer Rimmer
    Samara
    Can of Worms
    Krysis

I was surprised M-Corp and Skipper were both as superb as they were, easily knocking it out of the ballpark for me. Two of the better episodes of Red Dwarf period if I may be so bold. My opinion of course.

lol, I notice that in my "ideal" season there's 2 from XII and 4 from XI. Yet I think overall XII is the better season :nod:?!? I do though :redface: , XII is better.

Mardroid likes this.
  2. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

As remarked in another thread, I think it's because XI has more consistency. (I.e. most episodes are liked, if some more than others, as always.) I think XII is more variable as a whole, but the good stuff is VERY good, up there with the best of XI, possibly even beating them*. And the two episodes at the top of your list are probably the two best episodes in XII, by many peoples' opinion.

*I find it difficult to judge myself, (which is why I haven't made a list) since I like different episodes in different ways, but from a comedy perspective, I think those two episodes of XII beat those of XI.

3. Pembers

Pembers Console Officer

Ok slide out Siliconia, move everything upwards and have Skipper as the finale.

4. SweatyChimpBoy

SweatyChimpBoy Second Technician

My revised list.

1.Mechocracy
    2.Give and Take
    3.Samsara
    4.Officer Rimmer
    5.Can of Worms
    6.Skipper

5. UltraDevotee

UltraDevotee Catering Officer

I'm personally delighted we have had two series to be honest as really - although 6 of them have stood out - all the episodes apart from Can of Worms I would rate 8/10 or above.