Interesting

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, Jul 15, 2018.

1. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Not allowed to fly a union flag in your own country.

Police and mayor of london seem to have no problem with inflatable trump figure being flown. Interesting standards

2. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Console Officer

Did you actually watch that and listen to what the policeman said? You are allowed to fly the Union flag in Britain, but if there's a sensitive issue or if it's in an area where it might cause problems you might be told not to do so there. It looked very much like the guy in the video knew he was going to cause trouble and was deliberately setting out to do so.

Inflatable Trump wasn't likely to cause such problems and I would have thought given your general "Freedom of speech and damn the consequences" attitude you should be 100% behind that.

Nikki the Great likes this.
  3. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

These people are idiots Neil. They're complaining that someone's Palestinian flag is "pro-terrorism", so they should be able to do what they want. They're clearly a combination of thick, ignorant and racist, and are trying to be provocative towards a situation they clearly don't understand. All the policeman is doing here is trying to keep the peace and prevent a situation from occurring. That's all.

Simonr1978 likes this.
  4. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

I think @neilold should be banned from the country

Nikki the Great and Simonr1978 like this.
  5. neilold

neilold Science Officer

I am 100 percent behind it. Which is why I don't understand why this bloke wasn't allowed to flag. Why wasn't the trump balloon liable to cause problems with Pro trump supporters either?
    I also don't get how that policeman 'knew' he was gonna cause trouble, or why he put others rights regarding him flying it before his. If he ''knew' it was gonna cause trouble, why didn't he stop whoever it was that was going to cause trouble with him?

6. Simonr1978

Why should the policeman have to put himself in harm's way over this when the potential trouble is clearly and easily preventable? He mentions that it would cause a riot from which you can conclude that he would probably have been substantially outnumbered, so why waste police time and resources when there is a far simpler solution? Essentially, don't go being a dick just for the sake of it.

7. neilold

neilold Science Officer

I did listen to what the policeman said, he said 'if you take those flags onto that field there is going to be a riot'
    Remarkable piece of intuition there, I wonder what his proof of that is? And who's fault it would have being? The person carrying the flag or those causing a criminal act against it??

8. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Probably outnumbered eh?? You seem to know an awful lot about a situation that hasn't actually occurred don't you??? They've got police resources to waste to tell him off, regardless. By your logic nobody should do anything that possibilly wasted police resources should they???

9. Cloud

Are you against the policeman trying to avoid trouble? Saying the best course of action is to allow the trouble and then sort those responsible? He cant very well go and say "hey guys this guy is gonna be bringing a flag over here to instigate some trouble, how about you go easy on him" the easiest and most peaceful solution is to stop the guy about to cause some trouble.

Nikki the Great and Simonr1978 like this.
  10. neilold

neilold Science Officer

So since when has being thick and idiotic being a criminal offence? Also who is complaining about the flag being pro terrorism, and what had that got to do with someone wanting a union flag?

11. Simonr1978

Oh for God's sake Neil, are you being intentionally dense? It doesn't need a genius to read a crowd and work out that something is likely to cause a problem and you don't need some sort of proof to realise that. The policeman was doing his job by preventing a criminal act from potentially occurring in the first place.

Being thick and idiotic isn't a criminal offence, no-one's said that it was. If it was the policeman would have been doing his duty if he arrested the man, notice he didn't? The role of the police isn't just about arresting criminals, the stated role of the police is crime prevention. Which strangely enough is what this particular policeman was doing.

OK, I'll spell this out as simply as I can. Let's look at what the policeman said. He mentioned that taking the flag onto the field would cause a riot, agreed? Now, there are two policemen visible in that video. I think it's pretty obvious to anyone with even a basic degree of English comprehension that a Riot would typically involve more than two people. Since "More than two" is a greater number than "Two", it's pretty obvious that the policemen would probably be outnumbered. Do you understand, or do you need me to try and explain it in even easier terms?

12. neilold

neilold Science Officer

How do you know he is going to cause trouble cloud?

13. Simonr1978

Do you not understand that "a riot" would be trouble, Neil?

OK since you've editted one of your earlier posts too;

No, it seems from that video that the policemen were there to generally keep an eye on the crowd and make sure they were behaving, which is what he was doing. What would have been a waste of resources would be him having to abandon that duty to deal with an entirely preventable incident.

14. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Yes, I do Simon. I need to know how a video clip of two policemen is proof that there was only two there. I also need proof of what trouble that man was gonna cause, and finally I also need proof of how he is aware of a riot occuring over that flag?

15. Simonr1978

The policemen on the scene could clearly read the crowd and anticipate that it was likely to cause a problem, they don't need some sort of proof that things could kick-off to realise that it's a distinct possibilty. I really don't understand what part of this you are having trouble grasping.

I never said that there were only two policemen in total there, but they are fairly clearly the only ones in the immediate area from that video, so it would probably be them who would have to deal with any problems that arose putting themselves in harms way over a preventable issue and taking them away from the job they were there to do.

16. neilold

neilold Science Officer

No proof then????

17. Cloud

Even if he wasn't intentionally going there to cause trouble. The policeman thought that his actions might lead to it, so asked him not to. That should be the end of it.

18. Simonr1978

It is in what the policeman said and I'm willing to accept his reading of the situation over your own manufactured outrage at this point.

19. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

I don’t want to know what anybody thinks about this.

20. neilold

neilold Science Officer

Fair enough your willing to believe a policeman without any proof, I'm not