Is there gonna be some explanation

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Cloud, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

Are they going to say what happened to the rest of the crew, kochanski, rimmer and the whole ship at the end of the last one. Or just brush past it and pretend we all forget.

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Give it eleven days and you'll find out.

3. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

I'm not sure any explanation is required is it? We already know Holly isn't in it as with Kochanski. I don't need an on-screen explanation to make me feel better. I think the time would be better served for something else.

4. aceduder

aceduder Catering Officer

Maybe the shows will just happen with no explanation and then we'll get one as an extra on the DVD!

5. acerimmer_165

acerimmer_165 Supply Officer

Nah....

There's gotta be some continuity.

Yeah, I know there's not much in Red Dwarf :-D , but there's always a connecting thread.

6. Androidsandbeingasleep

Androidsandbeingasleep Third Technician

I'd hope they would at least do a quick scroll like in series 3. Although I spose it might be obvious what happened (Rimmer died, and the others made it back from the mirror universe with the antidote, fixed the ship and brought Rimmer back as a hologram)

7. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I'd favour more subtlety than another text scroll. That's already been used in series 3 and Red Dwarf USA, and I think employing the idea again will be a bit patronising.

Most things can be explained in a line or two of dialogue here and a line or two there, and I suspect that, if there are any explanations given, this is the form they'll take.

8. SimplePlan2k8

SimplePlan2k8 Third Technician

Haha that made me laugh. So true, but I don't think any of us can wait!

9. razorsharp192

razorsharp192 Skutter

that wouldnt be possible though, the machine that opened up the mirror universe broke because of the virus too, so the rest of the crew wouldnt be able to get back with the antidote.

i hope they explain this too, be a bit of a cop out if they just brush past it

10. GTaDave

GTaDave Catering Officer

Driving an Italia Gagliano, The Grizzly Circuit, M
    Would there not be a device in the mirror universe that could get them back after all it is a mirror universe?