James Buckley for rebooted Holly!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by RotootHununga, May 3, 2009.

1. RotootHununga

RotootHununga Third Technician

I think the inbetweener's James Buckley should replace Norman and Hattie in the future playing a rebooted "youthful" teenage Holly.
    My reasons are thus:

• He's offline and will require rebooting. When he reappears he's back to original specs with no memory of everything thats happened (ish). He'll be stroppy and teenage and gets things done very slowly and too readily up for taking risks.

Holly, apart from Kryten, is the only actor who's changed and whose actor can feasibly change.

The Normon Lovett thing is a whole ugly can of worms.

Going back to Hattie would just make more obvious above can of worms.

So what do you think?
    I think Buckley has the ability and the similarity to Norman to pull it off. Also it'll add something new to the mix (not a bad thing) and give it a youthful quality.

2. richisawesome

richisawesome Second Technician

3. jacksmith

jacksmith Catering Officer

Something tells me, that adding a teenage character would be quite a kick in the teeth and would feel like they were trying to do a bit of a "scrappy doo" which would not be good. Plus, a senile practical joker is so much better than a stroppy teenager.

Although the inbetweeners cast are in their twenties which isn't technically teenage atall, you need a middle-age actor really.

4. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

Agree. Just look at the latest Indiana Jones. Scrappy doo effect in full force. Not needed.

5. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

Bring back Hattie!

6. jacksmith

I don't think Shia Lebouf was the only thing wrong with Indy four...

7. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

well I enjoyed it as much as Temple of Doom slightly less than the other two and in a weird way it paralled Red Dwarf BTE in that it was much more enjoyable second time around without the anxiety of worrying that something awful was going to happen (substite Shia Lebouf becoming the new Indy for Lister choosing to stay in the artificial world or the fourth wall stuff being real). Once you know it isn't going to happen you can enjoy those bits that seem to indicate it is, alot more.

8. RotootHununga

RotootHununga Third Technician

Indie 4 was bad all by itself.... It didn't need Labouf the F*** it up. It would have been just as bad without and you know it.
    Fans will find something to complain about.

9. hubbard

hubbard Deck Sergeant

One question.....who is James Buckley??

10. jacksmith

He's in the comedy show Inbetweeners, he plays Jay.
    The show is in it's second series and is on thursdays; although it's the last episode this week on E4.

11. hubbard

hubbard Deck Sergeant

Oh yeah got it, good series actually although the second isnt as good as the first, gone alittle flat as its gone on.
    Actually if they did wanna get a new young face in then Simon Bird would be much much better as Holly methinks, he's actually very funny the way he looks and expresses himself hehe best thing about 'The Inbetweeners' for me.