Just ordered

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold the red nosed reindeer, Dec 17, 2017.

1. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

It DOES look like fun! But @neilold frankincense and myrrh I HAVE to ask this question. WHY in the name of Zeus did you not post this in either The Video Game thread AND/OR the Last Thing You Bought thread?

(does look cool though!)

2. neilold the red nosed reindeer

neilold the red nosed reindeer Flight Co-Ordinator

Tell Zeus I dunno, i just did

3. neilold the red nosed reindeer

I'm quite the mame collector. I've got it on a modded Xbox, a modded Wii, on my raspberry pi and on this to

4. BigOleDummy

Wow. A question : Do you know of any SNES software emulators that will work on Win10? I've only found one that really worked but the screen size was like .......... I don't know...... as big as a (not full screen) youtube video. Much too small to really play with and enjoy you know.

5. neilold the red nosed reindeer

Retropie on raspberry pi uses pisnes, there's also snes9x, John SNES and superretro16. When I had a pc I used zsnes, back in the time of caveman. I presume it still going and Is probably better than it was then (which was perfect emu). I can't believe , of all things, a pc Is struggling, since its the ultimate emu system. Dolphin is good, as that emulates Wii and GameCube to, epsxe is good for PS1 and, I think PS2. You can get a Wii modded with homebrew from eBay for about 60 dollars. That has all the major console s loaded into it, or an original Xbox ( the first black one) with coinops, on it,which is essentially mame plus all the consoles for about 100 dollars. It also has Kodi, which is awesome, plus you can get ones also loaded with, like 30 or fotty Xbox original games on them as well. You can also mod a PS3 and have mame that way, but I can't be arsed as it's reasonably a faff about

BigOleDummy likes this.
  6. neilold the red nosed reindeer

Try zophars domain (a website) if that doesn't help. They have like every emulator for every different system going. Inclding Weird stuff like mame for digital cameras (wtf!)

BigOleDummy likes this.
  7. neilold the red nosed reindeer

I just looked and there's 35 SNES emulators in the pc section alone!

8. neilold the red nosed reindeer

Retroarch is also a very good emulator sustem to use. It's what's in most loaded raspberry pi builds, and also in most raspberry pi arcade cabinets. It's also usable on a wide variety of media devices

9. BigOleDummy

Thanks..... I'll look into those. Think I've tried the SNES9X and another one you mentioned. Its not that I can't get them to WORK, (I DO use very powerful PC's after all), it just seems there's something "wrong" with the ones I've tried. Like the playing screen being 3 inch by 3 inch or massive tearing. Now, since I've last tried, I've gotten a newer, more powerful machine with 120 refresh on the monitor so maybe the tearing issue will have solved itself.
    ANYWAY, thank you for the leads!

10. neilold the red nosed reindeer

You have to try changing Resolution, anti aliasing, etc. My computer handled it easily, and that's going back 20 years. You do realise that some pre digital games don't always work on modern telly's don't you? I don't think they do anyway , so it may be the same for monitors. I know house of the dead on dreamcast doesn't, though that may bemore to do with the controller only being applicabvle to old tellies

I can't get why your struggling. I can only think it's because modern monitor s are too advanced for games for crt. Mind you they work on my modern TV no problems. Try fiddling about with the emulator resolution settings a bit. Most emulators aren't really a standard one stop solution, on a lot of them, you need different settings within the emulator for different games. That tends to be the more advanced consoles mind. some sites do a specific build for the emulator with the correct settings for a specific game (i.e 'Zelda wind waker build), a specific dolphin build, set purely for the Zelda wind waker game

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  11. neilold the red nosed reindeer

Try a few emulator forums as well. I warn you though, the people on them are NOTORIOUSLY arsey. They'll want every single spec of your PC and emulator and expect you to understand all their emu speak to and have a reasonable knowledge of exactly what they're talking about to