Kochanski in X

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

At Dimension Jump 2011, Doug Naylor hinted in an informal fan discussion that the series might have a consistent plot arc, continuing a tradition started in Series VI onward. Reports on the ground however indicated that the main episodes plots themselves were by and large unique. In the end, there is a vague sub-plot of Lister's search for Kristine Kochanski, as first established in Back to Earth and is referenced in several Series X episodes. The final two episodes of the series were intended to build on this, but were scrapped when the location shooting budget was tightened. The crew's over-riding goal of getting back to Earth is also re-iterated several times as well, and the quantum rod plays a role in two episodes. [x]

So what was going to happen? Doug obviously has a specific idea where Kochanski is. I read somewhere that Kochanski was originally supposed to rejoin the cast in X, but I can't find it now.

2. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

I think she will be in it

3. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

Well she was in spirit, though not in person.

4. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Same

5. emmawatson

emmawatson Second Technician

I guess I'm the only one here who doesn't lust after Clare Grogan...