Kristine Kochanski

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by CJ_MAK, Mar 6, 2009.

1. CJ_MAK

CJ_MAK Deck Sergeant

There seems to be no mention of Kochanski being in the new specials which is a shame as personally I thought Chloe Annett was a refreshing addition to series 7-8.

The earlier series of Red Dwarf were the best and I wouldn't have minded so much if the producers had gone back to the original four main characters but removing Kochanski and replacing her with this female hologram Katerina just seems a shame.

Hopefully Sophie Winkleman will fit in well though and Im looking forward to seeing how they explain Kochanski's absence.
    She's most likely dead again.
    The Dave exclusive Image of Lister in the tux here= http://dave.uktv.co.uk/library/red-dwarf/red-dwarf-news-new-exclusive-behind-scenes-images/ makes me think he's in mounrning.

2. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

I doubt Lister would wear white tie and tails to mourn... It's not exactly mourning wear.

3. Anzati

Anzati Skutter

...or morning wear...

When I first saw it I thought maybe he was getting married (again)...but not to Kochanki...not sure he's making the right choice...explaining the expression the expression, photo (what I assumed he was holding and looking at) and the 'Craig finds solace in space' tag.

...but then I'm incredibly good at getting things wrong :-D

4. CJ_MAK

CJ_MAK Deck Sergeant

True but dont forget he's in deep space making do with what attire he can find..:lol:

It's not the fact he's wearing a Tux in the picture that makes me think he's probably in mourning but the look on his face just gives me that feeling.

5. Anzati

Anzati Skutter

I hadn't looked at the full picture until now...that's great :lol:

6. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

But he wore mourning clothes at Rimmer's funeral in Series VII. And on a ridiculous point of pedantry, it's not a tux, it's a tailcoat...;-)

7. SoundableObject

SoundableObject Catering Officer

Spoilers be here below, beware...
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    ...Kochanski is dead, it was confirmed in SFX magazine, go to Ganymede and Titan for more details.

8. teddyrogers

teddyrogers Third Technician

Check this image out:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v157/smeg_head/?action=view&current=listerSFX.jpg

Ted.

9. CJ_MAK

CJ_MAK Deck Sergeant

My mistake it's not a full Tux as Lister's wearing his normal pants in the picture, Oh and on ridiculous point of pedantry as u say, it's not a tailcoat either It's a Dinner Jacket which is part of what is called a tuxedo in the US :-D:lol:;-)

10. theonion770

theonion770 Third Technician

Dead?? Why kill her off? I know she's never been a strong character, or a fan favourite, but killing her off is quite extreme for a comedy. Couldn't they just say she's.... gone shopping for a loooong time or something?

11. Cpt_Darling

Cpt_Darling First Technician

I'm a little saddened that Chloe~Kochanski is seemingly no longer around but there could be any number of reasons behind this..
    (something I would enventually like to find out about).

Saying that, we know Dwarf is capable of a few twists but it does look as though Lister is mourning and Doug is reported to have said She's dead..

So what of it, We all know that Kochanski II is from another dimension and that Kochanski I died along with the rest of the Red Dwarf crew. The point is, the path for the return of her in the future is there, albeit from another dimension. In fact, at this point in time, we dont know which version is dead. In the last we saw of Dwarf, our intrepid heroes were spread dimensionally and Rimmer was still alive, what's happened it the interim is yet to be explained.

Bringing Katerina as a hologram into the mix may have nothing to do with the absence of Kochanski and could even have been a simple error (oops, wrong disc, well it was filed under 'K').

It could well be that Chloe was not available or didn't want to return, it could also be that Doug wanted to go in another direction and Kochanski's death is a major part of the 'new' storyline. It's also entirely possible that Kochanski II is still very much alive somewhere and its another version that's died, thus, her return is still a possibility..

I cant wait to find out 8)

12. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

A decade earlier, aboard Starbug. And Rimmer wore his blue jacket in the Blue flashback. If it's utter adherence to canon you're looking for, boy do you have the wrong show! :-)

13. Jo TORDFC

Jo TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

So are you saying that he is in mourning then? ;-)

14. teddyrogers

teddyrogers Third Technician

Celebratory blue maybe? :roll:

Ted.

15. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Err... no; it's not a tux because it's not a tux. A tuxedo is a dinner jacket worn as "Black tie" with a shawl collar or standard lapel, sheened around the neck area. A tailcoat is a short coat (like a matador's jacket) with long tails down the backs of the legs to the knees, worn as "white tie" by people at Royal Banquets and Ballroom Dancers...

You're far more likely to get married in White Tie than go to a funeral in it...

16. CJ_MAK

CJ_MAK Deck Sergeant

Yeah Kochanski is dead I looked it up last night, Back To Earth is set 9 years after the events of Only the Good, Kochanski is dead and Holly is offline due to water damage caused by Lister leaving a tap running.

17. admuz

admuz Second Technician

And G+T said that Rimmers aged because he hasn't had holo-services :lol:

18. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I'm a bit surprised that the character's been killed off, but then it's hardly the first time one of the 'good' characters has died in RD (Ace Rimmer, Able, the waxdroids, etc).

I thought they'd probably explain her absence by saying that she's somehow returned to her own dimension.

19. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Ah, it's possible you missed the first episode of the show where 168 people were killed...including Kochanski.

The killing of a character isn't a punishment from the writer. Dunno why people struggle with that concept. Joss Whedon didn't hate Tara, that wasn't the motive for killing her off.

20. MooMooYew

MooMooYew Third Technician

I wouldn't see Katerina as a replacement, maybe an indirect one at that.
    We've seen a whole crew resurrected so any series 9 would just require some lovely nano bots and we're back in business.
    2 females would be interesting cause i'm sure they would have some issues with each other which brings another rivalry to the show :twisted:

*punishes self for reading spoilers*
    :?