Kryten's mask...discuss

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by ori-STUDFARM, Jul 22, 2012.

1. blaggard

blaggard First Technician

Back on topic.....

I don't especially care about Kryten's head. It jarred a bit when I first saw it, but like most of the minor cosmetic changes between series, it'll fade into the background soon enough. I just want the show to be good. (I'd like it to be great, but I've been burned before...)

I think it'd be a bit harsh to complain about changes that allowed Robert to breathe, though. :-)

2. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

[​IMG]
    Looking at this picture, I can't help but laugh.

3. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

I am disappointed with Kryten this series because I think he is noticeably different-looking yet his costume has never looked poorly-applied before (or at least, within the context of in what era the show was recorded).

The scene in Trojan when he was dancing around he looked less rigid and a tad less well-made... I think the new costume seems to allow more of his physical presence to show through the make-up (such as his cheeks seem to move a lot more) which just makes him look quite different.

It is something that won't negatively affect my opinion of the series or anything but I find it distracting when he's on screen because I can't help but think he looks awful whilst everyone else looks just perfect in terms of their updated costumes.

4. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Yes Kryten looks awful. Not just the pathetic new mask but the whole costume. Maybe something to do with HD? But it looks a lot cheaper than in previous series. :x

5. SixthDwarfer

SixthDwarfer Supply Officer

The mask hasn't really bothered me, though the suit does Bobby no favours and makes him look somewhat stouter than he is. Reminds of the weight gain Kryten had in IV when Bobby quit smoking.