Last RD ep. you watched recently

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by sanja, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Highjump

Highjump Second Technician

That would be DNA so justice is next!

2. 74384338

74384338 First Technician

Finally got round to "watching" Identity Within last night. Quite enjoyed it. Polished up a bit I think it would make a reasonable episode, and a good development of the Cat's character.
    I'd recommend it if you have forty minutes of spare time to listen to it (and admire the pretty pictures). Rather enjoyed the impressions too. They must have been good because my sister asked me whether the whole cast was doing the voices.
    Won't spoil the story for you if you haven't watched it. But I'm sure you'll agree that it would have been a good episode.
    An adaptation for a future series perhaps?

3. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

I'd like to put the test of time to the test, the only comedy I can think of that I haven't seen for many many many years now, perhaps maybe 5 or 6 years in men behaving badly, which is a show I really loved and have all the DVDs. I wonder of it would make me laugh now and if there's stuff I've forgotten now.
    I find red dwarf cracks me up in the way that gags are delivered, more than the gags themselves. I know it all so well, I know the gag is coming, but it's always the delivery that still can make me laugh. That's just great acting from Craig, Chris, Danny and Robert.

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Just watched Marooned on BBC2. A few points:

• So many lines in this still make me laugh, or at least smile, even after all the times I've heard them. Holly's 'drill' line being my favourite.
    • Charles' Scouse accent is surprisingly broad in these early years. It's lessened so much over time. And for some reason, Kryten's voice sounds really weird in this episode.
    • I find it hard to believe that Rimmer and Lister were in the habit of sending each other birthday presents before the accident! It leads to a funny little exchange though.
    • On a similar topic, I do think Rimmer and Lister get along a bit too well in this episode. This originally didn't stick out for me as I saw series 3 before the first two, but now I'm familiar with the hostility between Rimmer and Lister in series 1 and 2, their camaraderie here seems a bit odd now.
    • It always annoys me when a couple of audience members burst into laughter over the end of Rimmer's 'Alexander the Great's chief eunuch' line.

5. Hesperus

Hesperus Third Technician

I thought all of those things too, except I suppose when Rimmer and Lister are stuck together literally not knowing their fate that I can understand they'd be closer!

My sister texted me halfway through the episode (a fan but doesn't have them on DVD) asking if Craig Charles had had his teeth done, so that's noticeable too!

6. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

Er..... Marooned! ;-)

Enjoyed a few jokes I'd forgotten about :-)

7. Hollo_Marx

Hollo_Marx Catering Officer

This episode was a standout for me when I first made it through the series a few months ago. I actually really like the vague hints of warmth that we get between the two men. Their relationship is fantastic because it's much more complex than what you see on the surface. I like that it gave us a little bit more depth to their relationship beyond them being two blokes stuck together who can't stand one another. I love that we get this glimmer that they might become true friends until it's soundly squashed by Lister's act of subterfuge. Really a fantastic episode.

When did Craig Charles get his teeth fixed? I noticed that he had that chipped front tooth that was gone by the time they did that episode where he and Danny are wearing the eyeballs on their chins, but I could never pinpoint exactly when it happened. I would swear there are some episodes where he doesn't have the chipped tooth that are followed by episodes where he does. To be fair though, I wasn't looking that closely so I'm probably dead wrong. ;-)

8. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

White Hole(the fourth episode of science fiction sitcom Red Dwarf Series IV and the twenty-second episode in the series run. It was first broadcast on the British television channel BBC2 on 7 March 1991)

9. kry102001

kry102001 Catering Officer

Just watched Confidence & Paranoia and Me2, going right back to the beginning.

10. Strat-tastic

Kryten, Bodysnatcher version, text track ON.

11. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

What is difference if you please.

12. Strat-tastic

A bit here, a bit there. Incidental music, shots of Red Dwarf exterior, cleaner looking picture, sound effects, closing credits, they've played with Holly's contrast or something helping to hide the black jumper that sometimes showed on the original mix.

I thought the text track went on a bit too much about stuff not related to the changes made to the episode, trying to be funny when I wanted to watch the episode and appreciate what actually had been changed.

Does anyone know who wrote the text track?

13. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I believe it was Andrew Ellard. Apologies to him if I'm wrong. Or I misspelt his name.

14. seanyp94

seanyp94 Third Technician

Just re-watched all of series X, so the last ep i saw would be "The Beginning"
    :-D

15. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Holoship

16. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

Not exactly sure what the last episode I watched was, but I fell asleep with Series II playing on the laptop last night.

17. Hollo_Marx

I was cooking a big batch of pasta sauce yesterday and I left series III playing in the background. Marooned, Polymorph and Bodyswap, all some of my favorites. :-)

18. Bluemidget1000

Bluemidget1000 Third Technician

I watched series 3 marooned on Sunday afternoon.

19. Strat-tastic

Future Echoes, Bodysnatcher version, text track on.

I'm giving up on having the text track on now. Its stated purpose is to let you know what has been changed in the remastering process. All well and good. But when it starts going on about stuff which isn't even Red Dwarf related (never mind the episode at hand) then it starts to grate a little.

But what sealed its fate was its tendency to assume it's the only thing worthwhile, saying things like there's nothing interesting for the next two minutes so skip ahead to the next model shot. Er, hello? There's an episode of Red Dwarf going on too you know; maybe I'd like to stick around and enjoy that too? And when it implied that there was nothing interesting happening on one of my favourite ever bits in the whole of Red Dwarf, the scene with Lister & Rimmer having future echoes conversations, well that was it. Hello? Do you actually like Red Dwarf or is it just another job? :roll:

20. Hollo_Marx

Who did the text tracks on those episodes Strat? The people involved with remastering the effects? I'd hope they were trying to be tongue-in-cheek.