Last RD ep. you watched recently

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by sanja, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

Ouroboros, just now. I'm warming to series VII. There are better things in it than I remember. There's a lot in it that doesn't work. I still cringe at the idea of Lister being his own dad. It makes no sense that he and Kochanski could continue to produce a genetic duplicate of Lister each time in a temporal loop. I can suspend belief for many things, and I can accept some things don't need explaining in a half hour science fiction comedy, but infinite autopaternity doesn't fit that bill.

2. Madwolf

Madwolf Catering Officer

On series 5 documentary Heavy Science. Have watched every episode this year so far - going to watch them all again before Xmas but this time with the cast commentary.

3. sanja

sanja Supply Officer

Smoke me a kipper.... Hm series 7 ;-)

4. waxychuff

waxychuff Third Technician

I watched Legion again the other night, largely cos I found my dvd lying under the sofa.

It's BRILLIANT. And still as funny today as it was when first TX'd. I hope that's the level of belly-laughs they're going to hit in any new stuff.

(I'll add that, whilst I understand the scorn poured on series 7 and 8, I watched again a couple of months back. Maybe it was the nostalgia (or maybe the bong) but there were some fantastic moments (Rimmer's ever-improving Space Corp Salute). And some seriously smeg ones (Duane and the gang? Something to avoid in series ten, I'd argue).

5. betelgeuse

betelgeuse Catering Officer

erm...pete 1 or something today, the one where they play basketball...I hated it...well i didnt hate it obviously because I'm a red dwarf fan, i just cringe at how poor it is compared to past series lolI quite liked elements of Krytie TV though. But why couldn't they have shown the shower scenes! lol

6. backtoreality

backtoreality Supply Officer

Just started watching all the episode in backwards order from series I-VIII starting with only the good and on its own its a prety good episode!

7. Madwolf

Madwolf Catering Officer

That's a good idea:!: Watching Pete and Back in the Red and Back to Earth in reverse order could be interesting. Do you think you'll be younger though when you get to the first episode which was the premise purported in Backwards? I've just finished watching S1 with cast commentary but when I get to the end of 8 I'm going to watch it all in reverse too. My appreciation for 8 has grown since I last saw it but it remains in 8th place in my series ranking.

If you've got Beat the Geek try deliberately answering all the questions wrong - that's quite funny but probably just the once:-D

8. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

What about those episodes that are essentially one thread split into two episodes? I.e. like Pete's 1 and 2, The End episodes etc? Will you watch those out of order too? (I'm not sure that would make sense. Then again you can watch the joined versions can't you...)

9. betelgeuse

lol maybe backtoreality is literally watching the episodes backwards! then won't the episode Backwards be forwards....maybe...:shock:

10. backtoreality

Been busy with none Red Dwarf stuff (hate when that happens!) Do only watched only the good and pete part2. Pete part2 gives u a quick catch up flashback on pete part 1 so I guess that's cheating a little bit :-( but I'm enjoying the experience trying to remember why they are in the predicaments they're in etc... It kinda heightens the senses

11. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

So I finally got round to watching Beyond A Joke.

I still love this episode, but some of the jokes are so weak.

12. charlene_1982

charlene_1982 Third Technician

I started watching them all again a month or two ago after not even thinking about RD for a couple of years, except watching BTE. I finished up to series 6 and couldn't find the next one. Eventually I remembered that a few weeks before BTE was out I loaned series 7 and 8 to someone and they have never returned them.

The short answer is Out of Time a month or so ago.

13. ALynnL07

ALynnL07 Third Technician

Well, I didn't watch the whole series. Me and my picky photographic memory would not permit it, so the summer came first.

My most recent episode I DID watch though was The Inquisitor. It was actually a pretty cool episode, now that I took another glance at it.

What Lister did at the end was pure gold.

14. betelgeuse

I'm going to rewatch BTE this weekend and I'm actually quite excited having looked at the graphics and the dvd menus and so on...

15. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

Depends on whether he's watching "Backwards" or "Backwards Backwards" on the DVD. Of course if he's watching "Backwards Backwards" backwards then he's really just going to be watching the same thing as if he watched "Backwards" forwards.

:P

16. backtoreality

well spin my nipple nuts and send me to alaska!
    backwards forewords, forwards backwards - im scared :crying:

17. ALynnL07

ALynnL07 Third Technician

My most recent one now is "Balance of Power." A friend and I watched it together (I got him into the series), and we were having our own little commentaries about Lister and Rimmer's great Series I moments.

Also I think that's where Cat does the "I've been fished to death!" scene which was funny.

18. SamC1995

SamC1995 Skutter

Back To Earth... Last night.
    And will soon watching from Series 1 all the way through to back to earth :-D

19. SurfboardingKillerBikiniVampireGirl

SurfboardingKillerBikiniVampireGirl Catering Officer

Backwards - I love the barfight scene even though I'm confused as to why Lister throws what would have been the first punch at the end of the fight. Perhaps I'm missing something obvious.:-D

20. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

There are a few things in Backwards that don't quite make sense if you follow them. For instance why would that couple chase after Lister and Cat when they took their bike in a Backward universe? Wouldn't they effectively be giving it to them?

It's a good episode though.