Last RD ep. you watched recently

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by sanja, Aug 10, 2010.

1. UnluckyChris

UnluckyChris Third Technician

I've recently started watching through them all in order again. I am now nearing the end of series IV and Dimension Jump beckons. Good times :-D laughing just as much as I did first seeing them all those years ago.

I'm actually really looking forward to reaching series VII and VIII. They're the ones I have seen the least, and while I was disappointed in them when they first aired, I find them more enjoyable each time I see them.

I also saw some of the documentaries for the first time yesterday. I had them on VHS when they came out, and upgraded to DVD later but they were the 'Just The Shows' sets. I decided to finally get round to buying the individual 2 disc editions. I only have three of them so far, but have to say they're very nice. Nicely packaged with the booklet inside and the extras are great. I picked up series III for the lovely price of 70p, can't go wrong with that.

2. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I recently watched Justice. It's one of my favourite episodes.

Annoyingly the DVD kept skipping though. This does happen on occasion with my PS2, but not as bad as this usually, which makes me wonder if there's a deterioration of the disk. This has happened before with other Red Dwarf DVDs. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've yet to test it on another DVD player or my laptop, so I guess it could be related to my PS2. I.e. I think there is an issue on the disk but I think other players may be more robust and be unaffected, if that makes sense.

3. mophead241

mophead241 Catering Officer

I think it was Only the Good, when I was re-watching series 8 (as it was the one I'd watched least).

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

It's just a shame they cut the Litter Birds scene. I love that.

5. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

Future Echoes....because it was just on Dave. My youngest watched it with me too. She enjoyed it, but I couldn't quite explain what a future echo actually was....She was adamant that (spoilers here)....Dave Lister wouldn't die because he's in the later ones. Smart kid!

6. SixthDwarfer

SixthDwarfer Supply Officer

'Better than Life'. Still brilliant in every way.

7. CatLover74

CatLover74 Skutter

Just watched "Waiting For God".

It's a smegging GARBAGE POD! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

8. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

I'm about to watch Cassandra. I know that, strictly speaking, that doesn't answer the question at the top of the thread. Last episode I watched was Back In The Red - Part 3.

9. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I've always thought Cassandra a rather good episode. Probably the best of series 8 and up there with previous series' episodes.

10. SixthDwarfer

If 'Back in the Red' was just one episode, and the rest was seven episodes of Canary missions and the 'Porridge' style escapades of 'Pete', I think VIII might have been higher rated.

11. gem5ie

gem5ie Catering Officer

Watched The Inquisitor on Dave this morning. Great episode, that I always tended to overlook...
    One thing I noticed today is how few real gags there are in it, yet how well its darkness works to create a compelling story. I think this is how the "comedy drama" element that was so variably applied in series 7 can be really effective.

12. Paul Taylor

It is a very good episode, with a lot of great moments, and typically for Red Dwarf its logic has more holes in than the back of a fat fakir on a bed of nails.

13. IoHouse

IoHouse First Technician

Watched Confidence and Paranoia last night. Realised its the episode Ive seen the least. How that happened I dont know. I must have skipped from 4-6 on the DVD previous viewings like loads of times. Or maybe Im losing my marbles! :-D

14. Paul Taylor

Just finished watching Back to Earth. It has its good points. I think the focus is more on the characters than the comedy (which is as well, considering how poor I found much of the comedy). Seen as a comedy-drama set in the Red Dwarf universe, it's okay. The best line from the drawn out, near humourless scene in the Creator's residence is Rimmer saying, "A sitcom! I'd even do a sitcom!" It prompted me to think, "I thought you were supposed to be."

I hope Red Dwarf X provides a more satisfying conclusion to watching the whole run of series than Back to Earth does.

15. mophead241

mophead241 Catering Officer

Watched Waiting for God and The Inquisitor last night (in that order).

16. SixthDwarfer

Watched 'Emohawk - Polymorph II' last night. Enjoyed it as I always did, but noticed that the engine room of Starbug doesn't conform to what it looked like in either 'Psirens' or 'Legion'.

17. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

Parallel Universe last night. I started watching them all in order last week as I havent seen any in a year and thought it was about time I watched them all through again. I go through them all about once a year. I don't think I bothered with 7 and 8 last year but I will watch them this time round.

18. SoC00L_L

SoC00L_L Third Technician

I watch RD almost everyday. The last one I've seen is Holoship.

19. IoHouse

IoHouse First Technician

Watched 5 episodes yesterday. Well it was cold and raining and the DVDs were just sitting there winking at me.
    Started at Queeg and ran in order to Bodyswap.

20. Presuming Ken

Presuming Ken Deck Sergeant

Me too, but mostly with commentary now.

Watching 'Kryten' right now and Danny going on about Laura Ashley :-)