Last thing you bought

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by jmc2000, May 6, 2017.

1. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

On twitter. You knew that, you entered when it was still on the page lol.

Abe likes this.
  2. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Like wot u saw babe(s)?! :redface::redface:

Abe and Nikki the Great like this.
  3. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

No pictures though. :shake::sulk::thumbdown::wave::picard:

Nikki the Great likes this.
  4. Ant E

I left Twitter! It made me angry!
    FYI people I aint in the phone book!

BigOleDummy, Abe and Nikki the Great like this.
  5. Ant E

You could always just, ya know, ask?!
    Or arrange a meet up!!

Abe and Nikki the Great like this.
  6. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

A hot babe in someone's room, maybe

Nikki the Great likes this.
  7. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

I'll be in my quarters covered in hummus.

BigOleDummy and Nikki the Great like this.
  8. Ant E

What a ghastly thought

BigOleDummy, Abe and Nikki the Great like this.
  9. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Blimwits. There I am finally getting around to replying to Danny's email about all of this because I'm aware that things are still hanging in the air from last week, and then things kick off still further. I honestly can't keep up with this.

So sod it, let's just do this in public. Here are the facts:

- For those who don't know, PeeJayHarvey is another account of the user formerly known as Dodgebizkit/Danny Dodge/Jason the Dragon
    - Danny has a long history on the forum which we won't go into now, which has brought him into personal clashes with several members. Including myself. Some of what was done and said would ordinarily be deemed unforgiveable, but in the time since there have been some extenuating circumstances cited.
    - Danny has also been accused of actually being, rather than simply having previously been in cahoots with, a user variously known as "Reznor" and "Jack" who waged a sustained campaign of harassment against the forum in general and me in particular. In so much as we can be aware (unless he really is a deranged maniac with far too much time on his hands), I do not believe that this is the case.
    - Danny veers between a sincere desire to actually post on this forum about Red Dwarf and destructive behaviour that results in arguments with other members and various out-of-control situations. There have been several accusations of sockpuppetry and/or catfishing surrounding him.
    - For his part Danny claims to be innocent of some of the things he's accused of (while admitting others), and has also accused some users of doing some of the same things.
    - When things last came to a head on here, Danny reached out to me in an apologetic and sincere way and stressed a desire to potentially have a fresh start without any of the associated baggage
    - Rightly or wrongly, I suggested that at a point in the future he might want to come back on the forum with a different attitude and without the aggro. If he did this and was sincere, I would not seek to ban any and all account that I suspected of being him. Some of you may feel that was an excessively lenient way of dealing with things considering all that had happened, but in a not dissimilar manner to the way JMC talks about the (ultimately brief) period of peace among the chatroom-based group, I saw this as a way of resolving things amicably, not least because it's not actually physically possible to prevent someone who wants to maliciously return with anonymous accounts - to some extent it has to rely on good faith. If, for example, I banned Bluey tomorrow (not saying there's a reason to, I'm just picking an established name as an example) nothing would stop him returning with a new account. But he wouldn't want to lose the existing account with its post history and reputation and so on. That's really the only value that a ban has - it's on the account, not the person's ability to post. What I'm saying, therefore, is that it's always in my interests to try and amicably and reasonably resolve things rather than simply trying to nuke them.
    - Anyway, Danny returned as PJH, although he didn't actually do what I suggested and keep things totally anonymous. Nevertheless I let this slide because, as we talked about in the "Wasn't me" thread, it seemed to me that things were on a relatively even keel, in that the other regulars were happy for him to be around again.
    - But then, for whatever reason - and again, let's not get into specifics, not least because I don't want chatroom stuff brought onto the forum - that situation didn't last, and left us with the situation we have now. Which is that on the one side there's PJH, and on the other there are several other users, and each has grievance with the other and will seemingly not be able to let it lie.

So I have to figure out what to do, really. My hope is that, as per the beginnings of conversation above, you can all agree to be amicable about it and let it lie. As I said in that other thread the other week, I would much prefer to be hands-off when it comes to how you all interact with one-another, so long as you're not engaging in direct abuse or harassment. But we do still often end up in a place where comments that seem innocuous to the casual observer (and to me) have some kind of hidden meaning and so the other party gets aggrieved, reports it (and/or responds in kind) and things get tense. So that's the kind of situation where a "hands off" policy doesn't work as well.

So, here's the deal. To begin with, I'm going to give you all the opportunity to work this out. I will leave the situation entirely alone if the various people involved agree that they're happy to keep things as they are. But for that to be the case, you have to stop having these arguments, you have to stop with the insinuatory posts about each other, and you have to stop reporting both these types of posts to me and asking me to deal with them. I'm not asking you to forget what has happened in the past (whether it's something that actually happened or something that you've been accused of that you don't feel did happen) - I'm simply asking you to draw a line under it all and treat each other as if this history isn't there.

If you can't do this, then the alternative is that I ask Danny to stop posting in Aigburth Arms full stop, and the other users in question to stop interacting with him altogether (replies, quotes, PMs, everything).

Whichever you all decide is the case is how we'll deal with it - although obviously, it will take everyone agreeing for the first one to really work.

Danny, you may feel this is unfairly weighted against you, in that if Nikki/JMC/etc don't agree to go the amicable route, then there's nothing you can do. But I hope you can appreciate that in this instance the weight of history is against you a little bit - and so this is the only way I can really find to try and settle things.

Have at it.

BigOleDummy likes this.
  10. Ant E

Errr why would you want to ban ME??! And why was I used as a “long standing example” when @Bluey has been here way longer than me!? :sulk:

Further proof of a plot against me

11. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    Paranoid much?

12. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

Can't we all just get along. Jesus, I thought I was the one supposed to be offensive and inflamatory

BigOleDummy likes this.
  13. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

I'm disappointed to discover @PeeJayHarvey isn't the saucy woman in their previous avatar.

14. Ant E

It’s a perfectly reasonable point. Not that it’s your business

15. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

You weren't supposed to take it personally, you're just a long-standing example of someone who should be banned.

Abe likes this.
  16. BigOleDummy

:lol::lol::lol: Now that was funny.

17. Ant E

Name a rule I’ve broken that would warrant a ban.

18. BigOleDummy

But ALL things @Ant E are my business! I ...... I ..... you're like my Diana or Royal Family that so many of my compatriots are so obsessed with.

19. BigOleDummy

Why...... I'd even ask for your autograph if I ever met you :redface:

20. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

What are you talking about?