Last thing you bought

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by R.I.P. 2000, May 6, 2017.

1. BigOleMummy

BigOleMummy Supply Officer

He's just missing the point, and tweaking your tail as we say over here.

2. BigOleMummy

Oh @Ant E ...... you're so .......words fail me....
    [​IMG]

3. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

@deeps
    you're wrong. But thanks for interfering (yet again).

Although still no reply from @Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century - cowardice or stirring? Which is it?

4. BigOleMummy

Ooooooooh @Ant E ........
    [​IMG]

5. Ant the Dragon

:shake:

6. BigOleMummy

[​IMG]
    He noticed....................... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

7. Pumpkinikki

Pumpkinikki Console Officer

I think Danny should be allowed to use the RD sections of the forum. If that's genuinely what he's here for, then of course he should be allowed to do that. I do think putting a ban on him posting in The Aigburth Arms will restore some harmony and promote a better atmosphere in general, which had actually been on track until very recently. Put simply, most of us DO get on for the majority of the time now.

It's hard for those of us involved not to feel a general sense of unease around Danny. Until today, he had been using a passive aggressive avatar, signature and location. So even when he was just posting normally, the Aigburth Arms was full of this negative and provocative attitude (that is based on his own paranoia and separation from the truth issues).

Not just that, but when you take into account less visible things (that it looks like he's admitted to) like pming members not involved in any of this tall tales of what we're supposed to have done to him, failing to admit to his own bad behaviour. It creates a general sense of awkwardness amongst those who post in here when both sides are prominent.

It's also difficult for us when we see/hear about instances of him making nasty posts about us, then deleting/editing them. He's been quite notorious for doing that over the years, so we know this is an issue. Removing him from the Aigburth Arms would likely lessen that issue also, as he's unlikely to risk posting anything off topic elsewhere.

Danny might portray himself as calm and reasonable here, but the truth is very different. As you can see here, in this very thread, he has been making threats and tried to provoke trouble between myself/friends and other people. Sure, he got the same in return but what you haven't seen here is the way he's been contacting people I know AWAY from the forum to try to make trouble for me personally. So it's alarming to see it right in front of everyone, coupled with threats of posting this and that. Hence why I pointed out that there's far more incidents of Danny behaving strangely towards/behind the backs of other members, than a situation he clearly doesn't understand judging by his mix up. Again, this would not happen if Danny was removed from the off topic section of the forum.

I'm not claiming to be perfect - yes there have been times I've posted things to deliberately pee Danny off. But it IS always in response to something. As I said before, even his avatar etc were very pointed. But I also believe there have been things Danny has been looking to take offence to that are unrelated to him at all and are just, for example, the surreal humour that @Cloud and myself enjoy and have always indulged in. Did we perhaps realise he was taking offense to something not directed at him at all and find it amusing? Yes. Were we expecting him to explode? No, considering the way he constantly tries to sneakily needle us or create suspicion surrounding us.

I think we also need to bear in mind the good of the forum as a whole. The new series is coming tomorrow. Old members might want to come back. I have it on good authority that there are some valued members who will NOT return all the time Danny is allowed to stay, because he causes such a sense of confusion and anxiety. Maybe it's not ideal to them for him to be here at all, I don't know. But personally I think we could neutralise the bad feeling somewhat by having him removed from the off topic section as it makes him less prominent. I for one would like to see some of these previous members return, and it seems a shame that one person ruin that.

8. BigOleMummy

Been following this..... and I just have a question or two. I don't really have a dog in this fight but his own admission Danny/PjHarvey et al. has done some ......... questionably ethical things shall we say? If not borderline criminal. I don't move in the online world like most of you, no facebook , tweet rarely and I've only been in chat here three or four times. Once I think in the old chat. So I haven't been a target of his.
    Its also pretty obvious to me that ALL of you have serious misgivings about him.
    Under these circumstances I guess the MAIN question I have about it all is ....
    WHY? Why Danny/pjHarvey et al? Why would you even WANT to be in a place where you knew that everything you say and post will be viewed with suspicion? Why? I don't get it........ If I was as ..... universally mistrusted as you are I would want nothing to do with them either. I don't stay past my welcome is what I'm trying to say. Why? Sure we all love the show. But Why?

Pumpkinikki likes this.
  9. Zombie Smurf

Zombie Smurf Supply Officer

I don't buy much things now. Last thing I bought was some Korean ice cream with melon flavour and before that it was fine swiss chocolate (almost 2 weeks ago, but haven't eaten it yet).

Dismembers likes this.
  10. Pumpkinikki

Pumpkinikki Console Officer

This is something I admittedly struggle to understand. And boy did I try hard to. I think (and hope) by Danny's own admission, I DID try hard to befriend him/give him the benefit of the doubt when many wouldn't, or had already washed their hands of him completely. I pitied him, as he seemed lonely and when his recent circumstances came to light, I encouraged others to show him compassion too.

But, and I don't know what/why it is, but Danny seems completely unable to resist causing trouble. Whether it's stirring behind the scenes, playing people off against each other or being outright malicious and then creating confusion...he just can't seem to not do it.

So, on a more compassionate basis, the feeling I have is perhaps Danny does have issues. But in which case, I don't feel this forum is healthy for him. He's not here to make friends if the friends he does make end up falling foul of his deceptive and devious ways. This forum cannot be helpful to him in his real life, if anything it's probably hindering him. He can't seem to change or learn to be nicer, he just becomes better at covering it up. This isn't helpful for him, or the forum.

So whilst my original statement here stands, I do think that Danny also needs removing for his own sake too. He has a terribly unhealthy relationship with this place. Obsessive even, the way he continues to come back under various aliases. So I do strongly believe he needs removing, for everyone's sake and learn how to live in the real world.

11. Ant the Dragon

Why hasn’t long standing member @Bluey piped up?

12. Ant the Dragon

I’m unsure why I was used as an example. Clearly an alternative undertone!!

13. Ant the Dragon

Stirring it and then running away. Brave

14. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

I agree with what @Nikki the Great thinks about this.

15. Ant the Dragon

WHAT DOES @Bluey THINK?!!!!!

16. squeal mold

squeal mold Flight Co-Ordinator

I think you all bitch about one another far too much. It's like a mother's meeting in here and in chat some times. If you don't get along then don't chat to each other, and ignore button whoever you don't wanna hear from, it's not that hard. Not that I'm perfect by any stretch, but it would help to resolve issues in the long run.

17. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Were you? It clearly says Bluey!

BigOleMummy likes this.
  18. R.I.P. 2000

R.I.P. 2000 Deck Sergeant

@Seb, @PeeJayHarvey

I've been mulling this one over since I read Seb's post. I think it's just difficult because of the history (hence my Aesop's Fable analogy). Danny can't really win going forward because there's heightened sensitivity. He had a passive aggressive avatar/sig recently, so, whenever he changes his profile, we'll be trying to work out if the new one is another dig. He had the Mr Bump avatar - so, whenever he posts in a load of old threads at once, we'll wonder if he's trying to drown ours out. Every time a spammer or newbie signs up we'll wonder if it's him (it's like John Carpenter's The Thing sometimes!). After however-many years of antics, I don't know how he could give us confidence that he isn't stewing or plotting like he has in the past. And we can't say, okay, he can stay, but he's not allowed to change his avatar or post in multiple threads at once, because lots of people do that, and there's no way of knowing if it's innocent or passive-aggressive on any given occasion. So it's unreasonable and unenforceable to set rules about stuff like that. And there's rarely any way of proving whether a given account is Danny, because he does (and recently has) used proxy IP addresses. Basically, we'll always be on edge if we co-exist.

The examples I give above are minor if you take them out of context, but they create a mood in the Aigburth Arms where there's forensic attention on "PeeJayHarvey" whenever he posts, to gauge whether he's harbouring a grudge. I don't think the mutual ignoring thing (in the sense of using the forum feature to filter each other out) is a great solution on this occasion, because the tension comes from the fear of him digging tunnels during the ceasefire. And I think we've been round this buoy before, because more than one member of the forum has been on good terms with him and ended up falling out with him. I actually do feel a bit bad for him going forward because he's painted himself into a corner, but I don't know what he can do about it.

I think he comes across as very reasonable in his posts to this thread and would normally be the first to give him a chance, but I felt the same when we last spoke off-forum, and then he was posting with a passive-aggressive signature and briefing against us via PM (this is what I mean by "digging tunnels"). I guess we can't stop him grumbling about us through private channels, but at least it's less likely to boil over in open hostility (and the airing of dirty laundry) if he's not in the Aigburth Arms.

Also, in terms of his own prospects, I'm not sure it's good for him to be here when the odds are so stacked against him, based on past performance? If anything mysterious or unexplained happens in future, he'll totally get the blame. The scale's tipped to the point where I can fully imagine him getting blamed in future for stuff he didn't do. But that's a consequence of his past behaviour, and I don't know how he can avoid it. He has mucked around an awful lot on here, and we'll always be wondering if he still is. That's what I mean when I say he can't really win on this one.

With all that in mind, to avoid the threat of further skirmishes (and since I can't think of a way for him to avoid lingering suspicion), I'd actually be grateful if he were restricted to the on-topic sections of the forum - and can commit to co-existing peacefully with him on the other subforums.

19. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

I agree with what @jmc2000 thinks about this

Ant the Dragon and Pumpkinikki like this.
  20. Ant the Dragon

It didn’t! You changed it! Anti everything used to do that trick (so did Danny, Harry and Re*nor)! Can’t kid a kidder!