Latest updates on SpaceCorps website.

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Mardroid, Apr 3, 2009.

1. ST4RBUG1

ST4RBUG1 Third Technician

Just noticed something strange...

if you pause the new trailer at the section where lister shouts " you could have got us all killed! "

Rimmer has a nasty scar across his forehead?

2. Deviblue

Deviblue Second Technician

I think its more likely to be tenticle goo than rimmer injured.

But damn the interiors of red dwarf look awesome

3. connell

connell First Technician

Possible Spoilers -- (or just random blabbering :-D )

I recon that at half way through the trailer when there stood round that big hole, the thing that leaps out (the big white gush in the trailer) Is the leviathan, and that little yellow thing to the side on the crane is the thing the Cat, Kyrten and Lister can be seen in being all knocked around at a few parts of the trailer, presumably in that big hole that the Levianthan jumps out of is the mile deep water tank, and there going down it to look, and they get a bit tumbled around. (and I love cat wearing his in-season snorkling gear :-D)

Spoiler end.

4. PaddyC84

PaddyC84 Second Technician

Sad to think that all that money was spent on filming with RED cameras and having High Definition effects yet we aren't gonna get to see them in all their glory. :-(:crying::evil:

5. Elwood

Elwood First Technician

Not until a Blu Ray release anyway. I will expect one, as it'd be a monumental waste of money to film in HD, but to never release of even show it in HD.

6. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

But it'll still look miles ahead of digibeta. The Red gives you the 4K image to work with - which makes your editing options infinitely more varied (a mid-shot can become an intense close-up with no loss of quality), makes your greenscreen vastly more realistic (more pixels means more definition, which means the 'cutting out' is massively cleaner), and gives you a film quality image.

The first one makes it cheaper to shoot, since you don't have to grab as many angles as you might have had to otherwise and can move on to the next set-up. The other two mean a vastly more wonderful visual image - even at standard definition.

7. ch

ch Catering Officer

Clicking register gets me a new page with the postcard.
    No option to register?

8. jacksmith

jacksmith Catering Officer

Turn the postcard over, go to www.scanningjupiter.com go on the "news" section, you'l then get a message from goal post head, click next message and take it from there.

9. currymonster

currymonster First Technician

yeah this trailer is awesome! Everything about it just make me wish I would fall into a coma until 9pm Friday. Its almost like a montage from the opening titles of the show, giving you tiny little tasters of whats to come without ruining it, but yet leaving you jaw on the floor!

From what we have seen so far I have to agree, the special effect have given the show a whole new dimension without changing the quality that we have come to expect from what has always been a pretty low budget show.

As for the tentical, would be great to find out its the same prop as used for the rather large snake Lister shoves in the bin in Polymorph, doubt it though!

10. ch

ch Catering Officer

Thanks. I gave up just a bit too early.

11. kezzzs

kezzzs Third Technician

Anyone noticed that there is a wheel on the bottom right of the space corps website that goes from 0 to 7?

Any ideas?

12. jacksmith

yes there's a correct order to that wheel, i can't remember the code but it links you here
    kinda obsalete now we know about them being in berkely square. Anyway, correct me if i'm wrong (on the tenth) but from what i

gather Kryten will have a groinally attached fishing rod complete with a fish to lure/bate the Leviathan!

Oh the the code is 1,7,4,2

13. kezzzs

kezzzs Third Technician

1742? No member of the Corps should ever report for active duty in a ginger toupee?

Yeah I just found out :-)

14. jacksmith