Least favourite episode?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Keir_FTGL_Shiels, Mar 18, 2009.

1. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

You could both be right about Cassandra, but it just niggles me. It's not very clear (to me anyway) Maybe I should just look past that but everytime I see it I end up trying to work it out and I get frustrated :lol: That's also a good point about sending the ship into deep space!

2. doggett

doggett Second Technician

I watched that ep. 2 days ago.

I laughed twice :crying:

3. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

I think Cat the Cat/Lister scenes are funny, like the "is it cos you're kind of cissy?" and "Is it a cat being hit on the head by a smegged off lister's fist kind of noise?" lines. But not much else.

4. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

Only The Good wasn't entertaining to me. Pete and Duct Soup rank just below it, though I enjoyed Lister's locked in a box scene with Cat.

5. hubbard

hubbard Deck Sergeant

Hmmmm gotta say probably all of series 7, Pete from series 8 (dinosaurs? what!!!) and I never really liked Backwards or Meltdown.

6. nathall

nathall Skutter

I briefly skimmed the rest of this thread, and saw Duct Soup mentioned a few times, same with Pete....

For me, by FAR the worst season was 6 chock-full of recycled gags and unoriginality. The low point unquestionably being Polymorph 2, which ironically was the one episode out of the series that I liked way back when it first aired. I'll be going against the grain by saying I love series 7, it's actually my second-favorite season after 5.

So, yeah. Polymorph 2-- nat's least favorite episode ever.

7. mrtrebus

mrtrebus Second Technician

Well I'm one of those don't-like-series-7-or-8 type of fans. So I'll just stick to the series I do like, from that its gotta be Terraform & Rimmerworld. Both basically the same idea, both a bit lacking on all fronts.

8. Aimi

Aimi Catering Officer

So hard to think of an episode i dont like, i suppose Cassandra is one of my least favourite, i don't like the woman; whatever the actress' name is.

9. olafpetersen1

olafpetersen1 Third Technician

id say either of the Ace Rimmer episodes, although im prob in minority

10. elCrawler

elCrawler Third Technician

I've never been that into Bodyswap. Great gag at the start with the countdown to the self-destruction of the ship, only for Lister's order to come out the Dispensing Machine, but it goes downhill from there for me.

11. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

Geraldine McEwan (I think)

Nanarchy probably stands as my least favourite. Seemed a bit too random with all the nanobots and everything and turning up in Lister's dirty washing basket (or clothes basket as it could equally be called, knowing Lister).

12. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

She looks and sounds a bit too much like Zoe Wanamaker for her own good.

13. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

Was she the one who played the last "human" in Doctor Who (the second ep with Christopher Ecclestone)? I thought I recognised the voice in that but couldn't place it throughout, and then it turns out I didn't know the person in the first place. You might have just solved this little annoyance that has been bugging me :-D

14. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Yes, that was Zoe Wanamaker as Cassandra (Yes, another Cassandra) in The End of the World. The character later reappeared in New Earth.

15. Tex_Rimmer

Tex_Rimmer First Technician

Yeah, but was he the first one you'd seen? I saw the episodes out of order, and so I saw Llewellyn before I saw Ross. I think I'd like Ross better if I'd seen him first.

It'd be cool if they re-made that episode today, with Llewellyn.

16. TriggerHappyCathal

TriggerHappyCathal Third Technician

lt has to be Duct Soup, it was very boring and didn't feel like Red Dwarf at all.

17. david1

david1 Third Technician

Alrite Dudes,

Just wanted to say that i aint a fan of 7 or 8 at all. but one particular moment i found embaressing to be a fan was in 7 when they have the tribute to rimmer. you know what i mean - that god awful somg
    "arnold, arnold, arnold rimmer.... he'll never meed a zimmer"

the bad puppetry makes me cringe! eeeeek!

best line i can think of just now:

"Is that entirely relevant sir? i mean, here we are in mortal danger, and you're worried about the chineese delegates bringing two cars!"

18. Tex_Rimmer

Tex_Rimmer First Technician

I can see that, but it doesn't really bother me. Even though they call the show science-fiction, I think of it as more of a high-tech fantasy. Though you hear jokes comparing the show to Star Trek, Star Wars, and even 2001, it's really a lot more like Lost in Space (and I'm talking about plot elements here, not the fact that both shows happen to feature a ship that can't get back to Earth). To me it doesn't matter so much that "mutated developing fluid" is really more magic than science, it's whether they can make a good story out of the concept. The main difference is that Red Dwarf is a good fantasy, while Lost in Space is a not-so-good one.

19. archie918

archie918 Second Technician

Duct Soup... piece of smeg.

20. RedMidget

RedMidget First Technician

I don't have a least favorite
    It's all got it's upsides